Porsche Cayennes

Don
I have to admit that post did make me laugh.

At the end of the day, it's ok to have 6 litre sports cars because that's what they are designed for. 4X4s are designed to go off road, not to go faster than a speeding bullet. It almost sounds dangerous to me that the Cayenne Turbo S does 0-60 in something like 5 seconds. By all means, it's acceptable to put a large engine in a 4X4 so that it isn't underpowered but I think it's ridiculous that car manufacturers are trying to give them sports car performance.

I admit I have said some silly things about banning them etc, but do you see where I'm coming from. Where does it stop? I'm sure Porsche could probably bring out a 12 litre Cayenne with 800bhp and idiots would still buy it.

im not an idiot but thanks for stereotyping me ;)

have you actually got a point here or are you just bitter about cars that weigh two tonnes and still outperform 99% of the rest of the cars on the road? Because really I cant see your point and I'm having to be assumptive :(

Man of Honour
It almost sounds dangerous to me that the Cayenne Turbo S does 0-60 in something like 5 seconds. By all means, it's acceptable to put a large engine in a 4X4 so that it isn't underpowered but I think it's ridiculous that car manufacturers are trying to give them sports car performance.

It will also stop from 60mph in less than half the time it takes to get there like ANY Porsche. To call it unsafe is tudds.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of the Cayenne and i don't really see much point in getting a car like this when you could buy an estate, but some people like having a higher ride height and the look of a bigger car. My old man drives a 4 x 4 even though he rarely needs one nowadays but he prefers them.

The whole daily mail "lets ban computer games/immigrants/shopping bags/islam/political correctness/human rights/4x4's/alcohol/teenagers" thing is rather tiresome though. You can't say one car has a right to have a big engine in it and not another, it's just nonsense. How do you judge whether someone uses it for work/pleasure or whatever? Keep a monitor of everywhere each car goes and fine them unless they spend over 50% of their time off road...?

Associate
Look on the bright side. It will take a lot less time to smash 'lil Jonny in to a pile of mince. And his mother 400 yards up the road waiting for him to come home to Turkey Twizzlers and chips.

Chavsquashers are just briiliant. Like stereotypes.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I do question how kids manage to run out into the road, it must be said. I asked my parents about it and was told that none of my family have ever done anything of the sort... I mean are kids not educated that running into the road = death?

Man of Honour
I do question how kids manage to run out into the road, it must be said. I asked my parents about it and was told that none of my family have ever done anything of the sort... I mean are kids not educated that running into the road = death?

Out of interest how many times have posters on here actually hard to brake, HARD, for a kid who has just run out into the road?

I honestly cannot remember ever having to do it. Which kinda makes a mockery of my arguement about always fitting the absolute best tyres, but only as much as it makes a mockery of the 'hit me at 30' brigade.

Man of Honour
I nearly minced a kid on a zebra crossing outside a school who decided he was going to go as soon as he pressed the button and not wait for the lights a few months back! I was doing less than 30mph but it was still VERY close to hitting him. Stamped on everything and then chastised him just as his dad came over to do the same! Scared everyone and I was annoyed as hell more from shock than anything else.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I almost killed a girl a couple of years back who walked straight out in front of me. The brakes were no help, I had to swerve onto the other side of the road. If there had been something coming the other way then either she or I would be dead, depending on how I reacted.

Cayenne.... not for me but I can see the appeal. I don't think you would be an 'idiot' to buy one, especially used. Personally I'd rather have an S Class and an Elise.

Man of Honour
I had to really chuck the anchors out once, very nearly wiped some bloke out, but it was a man, not a child, who ran straight out a front door that opened onto the pavement and straight across the road without looking.

I'm noticing a trend with reasoning here...

Now the 4x4 facist hypocrite has stopped posting for a bit, I have to say the soft spot I have for the Cayenne is getting bigger as time goes by... If I was going to get a huge 4x4 it would be my choice.

Soldato
OP
LOL what have I started :D

[TW]Fox;11939367 said:
Out of interest how many times have posters on here actually hard to brake, HARD, for a kid who has just run out into the road?
Honestly? Never. But I'm always ready to do so when I am driving past a busy area with kids walking around, or even with just one kid who might be wandering /running/riding their scooter a bit close to the kerb. Never seems to happen though, touch wood.

Only ever had to brake for cars and animals

Caporegime
If someone wants to spend ludicrous amounts of money of a porsche cayenne then its their choice. Personally i've only had a kid run out of me once in a car park but luckily i was doing a sensible speed and managed to stop. The thing that worries me is when passing through radlett, which is a quaint little town in which rich people reside, i see untold amounts of people who are driving these big tanks and either cannot manuvure or park or simply aren't paying attention. This is when big cars get dangerous, anyone with common sense and a decent bit of driving skill will be ok in a big car, but a big car with a moron inside is a lethal combination and there's been a couple of times where i've had to stamp my foot on the brakes because of people not paying attention in these big tanks. I'm not making any assumptions about people who own these and i acknowledge that idiots in small cars are dangerous as well but i'd much rather be hit by a micra than a big 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom