So what did everyone make of S4 of Lost now it's over?

Anyone else think the Island hasnt moved...its just disappeared for an x amount of time?

In that dharma video the guy says the rabbit might look like it has disappeared for 110milliseconds but it will re-appear.

Ben takes 1 year to get to Tunisia so I reckon the Island is out of sight for a year.

Probably some major error in there, but its my 2 pence :p

In the video they were showing the time manipulation experiment remember ben said the hatch could manipulate both space and time.

Soldato
Rousseau seems to have aged while always being on the island.

And her daughter, or she would still be a baby. Walt was axed due to uncontrollable growth spurts, it really shows, he was very tall in the episodes which he featured, following season 1.

When Lost started, they said there are no aliens and no time travel. I guess they have altered there plans.

Soldato
In the video they were showing the time manipulation experiment remember ben said the hatch could manipulate both space and time.

Thinking retrospectively, that makes almost perfect sense on how Locke's dad was transported to the Island at the exact moment he'd of most likely died in that car crash. Bring him to the future (or move him to somewhere else in the present for that matter) just before his moment of death so as to not interfere with the time line.

Soldato
I thought the whole thing was based around time travel.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

That makes more sense.

I read the a few months ago, it seems like the most sensible (if that's the word) idea put foward

Personally I still love lost , but much preferred it when the island was all unknown and the hero's were seemingly avoiding scary islanders who were simple and wanted to kill them

Soldato
gotta admit the last few episodes have got me sucked back in *slap* :eek:

halfway through this series i was almost totally over it to the point of not watching the rest of the eps but it's redeemed itself.

Associate
It was exactly what was needed from the show, it's started to answer a few of the earlier lingering questions but at the same time added a few more that seem like they wont be answered until near the end, It's brought the interest back for me and its the first season that ive been glued too all the way through.

The same as $loth im gonna be intrigued to see how they explain the island moving and where its gone.

I like the time travel theory and the more i try and think about things it seems to be the one theory that incapsulate's everything that's happened so far.

Associate
That Richard character that saw Lock when he was a child, didn't he call himself Jeremy Bentham ? then at the end of S4 Jack, Ben etc kept saying "he is dead" referring to Jeremy Bentham............then we see Lock in the coffin........weird

Soldato
At first I thought it was getting ridiculous and far fetched.

Reading the time-loop theory, it is absolutely fascinating. The guy has somehow managed to tie everything together so that it all adds up. Pretty much everything abnormal in the show is answered in the FAQ too.

If the writers do the same, and explain EVERYTHING so that we as viewers know it wasn't just made up as they went along, it will be excellent. For example, on of the theories is that the 108 minute thing with Desmond was to keep the island in a time loop. When he pushed it late, the Oceanic flight happened to cross through the time bubble around the island and was torn apart by the magnetic fields.

It was pretty obvious towards the end of season 4 that the island was running in a different time frame to the real world. My first thought when it disappeared was that it had gone back in time.

Last edited:
Soldato
/slap

That was a flash back. He was delivering a panda to some executive's daughter's baby on behalf of his boss. The flash forward was his wife having the baby, followed by herself and Hugo visiting his grave.

My take on that episode was jin still being alive, but in a parallel time zone, both times were being played simutainously together. After that, i thought something is going to happen which will throw jin into a paralelle time zone. Then the explosion happend, so maybe that was it. I think Jin and Sun will be re-united.

Just my own little theory.

Back
Top Bottom