Porsche Cayennes

Caporegime
They are all driven/flown by people who actually CAN drive/fly them.

Why do you always see new drivers in hatchbacks? Because they are cheaper to ensure, because insurance companies know that if you put a 17 year old in a massive car they are more likely to scratch/damage it. To be honest I'm struggling to see the difference in driving ability between many 17 year olds and middle aged women.

In fact I'd be extremely confident that the majority of insurance claims for the 40-60 year old female population come from self-inflicted damage to the car.

And to think they get lower premiums. It's sickening. Of course they statistically claim less, they DRIVE LESS. You don't get women lorry drivers etc. It's the same thing as insurance companies saying they'll only serve black people because they crash less.

Gonna BM this one for funniest post of 2008 nominations.

Soldato
No one can see your point, it's just the same statement, over and over and over...

Consider it from an economic perspective. Car sales are falling as we speak. It is in the best interest of Porsche/Mercedes/BMW etc to invest in efficiency because not all their customers are super rich and many customers are not going to want inefficient cars that are subject to tax via road tax and the extra costs of petrol.

Soldato
Different manufacturers have different priorities. There's nothing clever about shoving a ridiculously large twin turbo engine into a car and then claiming it goes fast. BMW/Audi on the other hand dedicate a lot of R&D into efficiency and the results are incredible. The 150bhp 1 series does something like 65mpg.

OMG knoledge on the car industy iz immens! :rolleyes:

Do you think they do it for 'the greater good' or something?

So the twin turbo 3 litre engine in the 1 series is ridiculous? God what are they playing at?

Oh yes, Audi, 5.2l V10 Twin Turbo, in a large saloon/estate. Very silly. :p

I like reading your posts! Carry on!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Consider it from an economic perspective. Car sales are falling as we speak. It is in the best interest of Porsche/Mercedes/BMW etc to invest in efficiency because not all their customers are super rich and many customers are not going to want inefficient cars that are subject to tax via road tax and the extra costs of petrol.

I don't think that you are really in a position to judge what is in Porsche/Merc/BMWs best interests. If their cars are selling well as they are now, which they are, why should they change things?

I also think you seem to miss how much engineering went into the cayenne; ti was hardly just sticking a big engine lump in there; getting a car that large and heavy to handle and go as fast as it does round the track is a monumental achievement.

You also seem to be horrifically naive in the fact that you seem to think all women are bad drivers and own 4x4s. Perhaps there is a slightly higher percentage but I would not say it is a significant one...

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I say some stupid things on these forums, but we all had a massive debate on this a few months ago and the conclusion was that the current car insurance issue is unfair.

How is it unfair? I know it's high but there is a godamn reason for it; there are far too many young idiots on the road who drive around like complete tools.

Right nevermind wrong thing; women get lower prices because they claim less, simple.

What do you expect the insurers to do? Test every driver individually? that's a great idea. Completely plausable.

Soldato
I say some stupid things on these forums, but we all had a massive debate on this a few months ago and the conclusion was that the current car insurance issue is unfair.

Yes... OcUK Mass Decision = FACT

fail-1.gif

Soldato
How is it unfair? I know it's high but there is a godamn reason for it; there are far too many young idiots on the road who drive around like complete tools.

What do you expect the insurers to do? Test every driver individually? that's a great idea. Completely plausable.

It should be the same regardless of gender. There are also teenage girls who drive like boy racers, just because they're not stereotypical it doesn't mean young blokes should have to pay a sum vastly larger. Or maybe the difference between genders should phase out after the age group of, say 25.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
No that isn't how insurance works.

The people who claim more, have to pay more. Thus, boys, who claim more (or are claimed from more), are a greater risk, and will be charged more.

Isn't it simple?

Soldato
Somehow what would be a complete shooting down of my argument is failing because, by posting these pictures, you're reminding me that I'm arguing with a bunch of computer geeks.

Tip: Just because you think the person you're arguing with is an idiot you don't have to lower yourself to their level.

Last edited:
Soldato
No that isn't how insurance works.

The people who claim more, have to pay more. Thus, boys, who claim more (or are claimed from more), are a greater risk, and will be charged more.

Isn't it simple?

So why is this the case with older adults?

Of course men claim more, they drive more. Women do the same journey every day: the school run, the commute, the shopping trip. Far more men drive trucks/vans/lorries etc. Accidents are far more likely to happen to the latter.

By all means younger lads perhaps should be taxed more, but this should phase out eventually. One thing I guess I can rest about is the fact that you do pay more if you have performance exhausts/alloys/blacked out windows etc (features of boy racers)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Somehow what would be a completely shooting down of my argument is failing because, by posting these pictures, you're reminding me that I'm arguing with a bunch of computer geeks.

Pulling the old "okay i can't win the argument so i'll just insult them!!!!" trick are we? Good work!

And so what if they do less milage? they are LESS OF A RISK TO INSURE! Can't you get that through your head? they don't make it equal because the RISK IS NOT EQUAL.

Man of Honour
So why is this the case with older adults?

Of course men claim more, they drive more. Women do the same journey every day: the school run, the commute, the shopping trip. Far more men drive trucks/vans/lorries etc. Accidents are far more likely to happen to the latter.

By all means younger lads perhaps should be taxed more, but this should phase out eventually.

The reason why is irrelevant to the insurance companies, just as any suggestion that anyone should be bound by your opinions is irrelevant to, well, everyone.

Man of Honour
In fact I'd be extremely confident that the majority of insurance claims for the 40-60 year old female population come from self-inflicted damage to the car.

And to think they get lower premiums. It's sickening. Of course they statistically claim less, they DRIVE LESS. You don't get women lorry drivers etc. It's the same thing as insurance companies saying they'll only serve black people because they crash less.

Are you really this clueless or is it all an act?

If they claim less THEY COST THE INSURERS LESS.

All that matters to an insurer is the average cost to them of each demographic. Thats how premiums are calculated.

I once had a pet Gerbil who could produce a more accurate post in Motors than you can.

Soldato

Answered your own problem cheif, ....can I find a picture to portray that?

Also you have the REALLY annoying habit of seemingly ignoring my posts which point out where you're thinking isnt exactly aligned with the word correct.

Hence I'm having a mental breakdown.

Back
Top Bottom