**SPOILERS** WANTED - Out Today !!!

Soldato
Saw this tonight.

Thought it was reasonable, wont give the story away.

Some of the action scenes were at wee bit ott for me too.

Lasting impression? For me Ange is looking even better with age :)

Associate
I'm afraid not, not even a side shot :(

Ironically, though, we did get to see her skeleton...

The action scenes in this film are stupidly awesome - the plot is utterly absurd - but, again, the action scenes are stupidly awesome. During the first action scene my face was a series of :o-:confused:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:D

(keeping in mind I'm restricted to 10 images)

Caporegime
Ironically, though, we did get to see her skeleton...

The action scenes in this film are stupidly awesome - the plot is utterly absurd - but, again, the action scenes are stupidly awesome. During the first action scene my face was a series of :o-:confused:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:eek:-:D

(keeping in mind I'm restricted to 10 images)

You have just made me more excited!!!!!! :p

Soldato
OP
[DOD]Asprilla;11971544 said:
OT, but this caught my eye.

PDP-508XD by any chance or have you really pushed the boat out?

Downgrading to an ipod touch, will post a thread in the av geek area later, fingers crossed :D

You have just made me more excited!!!!!!

Need a good 20 faces, ad custom smiles to express this film.

Surely people going on about it expected some realism to a degree. Watch his other films, night watch and day watch. Goodies, baddy vampiers and other fantasy things this film isn't a BBC REALLY REAL DOCUMENTARY.

It's an :eek::eek::confused::D:D:cool::eek::D:D film

Associate
As a story the film was rubbish and the narration was corny as hell, but the effects, stunts, chasses, fights, explosions, and ANGELINA JOLIE make it a fun film to watch! Jolie is the highlight, she looks amazing!

Story - 3/10
Action scenes - 9/10

In conclusion: Get the lads round have a few Bevvy's and enjoy some hard hitting action!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I dont see how anybody can complain about a film with Angelia running about in tight outfits shooting guns..it would work for me if there was no speaking and nobody else even in it..they could just have her on a shooting range with increasingly heavy guns and I would watch it!

Associate
No plans for the 3rd I think. read something about him saying wanted was this 3rd big film of his, although there are rumors the 3rd (twilight watch, bunchwatch, dairyleelunchableswatch) might be set in america = fail.

Boxset will be good this weekend, especially as tv arrives tomorrow :D

It's based very, very loosely off the books though so there probably will be a third. Nightwatch grossed more than Lord of the Rings in Russian box office.

But yes, based in america would result in epic fail, even if they were more closely related to the original story.

Edit: And to be on topic I saw Wanted this Wednesday and thought action wise it was pretty good. Ideal for just watching rather than having to think about what's going on.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's poor. I can live with extremely OTT action, but the 'storyline' is truely dreadful. The whole production looks like it's been written by a ten year old. Besides, Angelina's lost too much weight now.

Soldato
No plans for the 3rd I think. read something about him saying wanted was this 3rd big film of his, although there are rumors the 3rd (twilight watch, bunchwatch, dairyleelunchableswatch) might be set in america = fail.

There will be a 3rd and it will be set in the US as that was part of the deal. Fox agreed to distrubute the first and second one worldwide as well as fund the 2nd one as long as the 3rd one was set in the US with an English speaking cast.

Which is a bit rubbish, but hey. Nothing can be done about it.

I have no idea what the 3rd one will be about though, as Day Watch was based on the 2nd and 3rd stories in the first book....

Last edited:
Soldato
9/10

Turn brain off, sit back, relax and enjoy. Honestly why do people expect realism in movies like this? Next you'll be saying Die Hard was a documentary.

Excellent film and Freemans quote of "Kill this ***********" will be a classic, I still can't believe he swore! :)

Caporegime
Watched it for the second time today - have mixed feelings about it...

I thought it was about 20-30mins too long for an action flick, the story/plot/depth just wasnt there to support such a film length.

Great action, but knowing who was directing it I wasnt surprised. Bit disappointed that the story was so sparse - with it being a comic book you would expect a little character development...

Definitely worth watching, just not as good as Shoot Em Up personally...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
My brain still aches because I had to sit in the very front row due to the cinema being rammed at 10 to 6 on a Saturday.

Good film, some of the stunts were a bit unrealistic but not in a bad way, just made me chuckle thats all.

You get to see Angelinas rear, oh and James McAvoy isnt too difficult to look at either. :p :D

Back
Top Bottom