Kaspersky Internet Security???

Associate
Hi People

Does anyone know if Kaspersky Internet Security is any good?
My Anti virus and firewall subs are about to run out on my laptop and I need some good new security software.
I have heard lots of good things about Kaspersky Anti Virus stand alone, but not so much about the full Internet Security package.

Permabanned
I used 2006 Security till it broke CHKDSK (the 1st time you do a VirusScan) then PC was slow.

They finally admitted this issue in their Forum and still today never said anything about a fix even if it is indeed fixed.

I now use ESS (ESET).

Last edited:
Associate
I have used it for nearly 3 years now - I like it and have had minimal problems (only problems due to my not setting up the firewall rules properly). Now my family and friends all use it -- well those willing to pay for an AV anyway.

If you are with Barclays bank then they offer this free for a year...

It's unobtrusive but actually feels like its working (unlike NOD32).

Soldato
kaspersky imo is the best on the market i havent had a single virus since ive had it installed, Nod32 is a close second but i found it slowed my pc down a lot thats why i changed to kasperky.

Associate
Kaspersky is the best buy and it very stronger -- PC Pro voted both Anti-Virus and Interenet Security award winner and there is new Version 8 (2009), if you already use Kaspersky Anti-Virus or I.S. 7 then you get free upgrade to new version 8 as long as you keep same activation code key -- me and dad plus my sister also some workmate (took my advice) used this software... I would much highly recommend you get Kaspersky but it up to you to buy.

Associate
I've just dropped in a new drive with XP Pro to replace a faulting HD which had F-Secure on it. I've had nothing but problems with F-Secure, it hogged resources for no apparent reason, yearly renewals meant getting a disk with the latest version on it and then playing Russian roulette as to whether it would actually allow the machine to start up properly after installing an update.

Despite having just renewed the license it'll be binned with the knackered HD. I thought about NOD32 but have ordered Kaspersky IS from OC to run on the new HD, hopefully I'll have more luck this time around.

Anyone used OneCare? I like the idea of supposed compatibility between OS security and that of the Internet Security program, but with Microsoft who knows!

Associate
I have Kaspersky on 3 of my computers, I recently picked up a Zlob virus from a suspect exe file. I right clicked the file but Kaspersky did NOT detect anything but my browser opened and closed. I then tested Kaspersky on the same file on my older computer and it recognized it as a Zlob. I did a full virus scan on the infected computer but Kaspersky didn’t recognise it. I did a web scan with Nod32, ran spybot S&D, nothing. I then did an on line scan with BitDefender which immediately recognized the Zlob, strangely enough as soon as BitDefender identified it, up jumped Kaspersky stating that it too had found the Trojan.

I used to have BitDefender for two years it used to slow my computer down (PIII 450mhz), having said that I never had a virus or trogan. I only had Kaspersky on my new system for about a week and got infected with a Zlob. Luckily the Zlob did not activate itself and recent scans with the installed Kaspersky and on line BitDefender (albeit using Internet Explorer) seem to have worked. When my three licences run out I'll go back to BitDefender

Soldato
Its the best on the market and ignore the ESET users that beat on about how good ESET is the best. Lets remember, ESET is months behind in development compared to Kaspersky and whats been mentioned over the past two years, ESET seem to evaluate Kaspersky for ideas and then implement it into their new product that comes out 7+ months later.

Kaspersky Oem is peanuts here at OcUK and I think other large stores are offering 3-user versions of KIS for £30 or so which is a bargain.

I purchased copies of KIS for many users last week from the Kaspersky website for £21 per license using the voucher code given on their website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom