Anyone off to see Hancock this week?

Soldato
Just got back from seeing this, absolutely fantastic film, a nice mix of comedy, action and story. Thought the twist was quite good, as was the end of the film.
Some of the effects were impressive, some a bit too CG although their was nothing wrong with Charlize :cool: Nice to see a super hero film that isn't from Marvel and is a bit different.

They also had some trailers before the film, "The Love Guru" with Mike Myers which looked a bit silly, the new James Bond which looked suitably impressive and one for "You Don't Mess With The Zohan", the whole cinema was laughing their heads off at that trailer. It's a film I definitely want to see when it comes out. It's apparently about an Israeli James Bond type who becomes a stylist in New York or something, hysterical.

Associate
They didn't show the Bond trailer when we saw Hancock - gutted, was looking forward to it. We did get Batman (superb) and Wall-E (could be quite decent)

Enjoyed the film, thought Smith gave a great performance, Bateman was great, but some of the one-liners were excellent. Charlize Theron seemed to get hotter every time she came on screen, when she goes to meet Hancock and is all dressed up: :eek::eek::D:D

One small thing, I think the film found it a bit hard to place itself - it's a superhero movie, but it's a comedy, but it's got a darker undertone. With so many elements, the pacing and tone sometimes got a bit confused. But overall, it's well worth a watch.

Caporegime
Will Smith was pretty good, but Jason Bateman was much better...

Didnt like the twist that much and it kinda ruined the remainder of the movie for me - main baddie was the worst Ive seen since Superman 3...

It wasnt as bad as I Am Legend, but its not one of the decent Will ones - as always, it could have been so much more...

The whole prison/him being bad should have lasted longer...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
This seems to be based on the same concept as a Japanese film I saw last year, called "Dai Nipponjin". Loads of similarities - superhero down on his luck, walks around looking like a bum, uncaring publicist/manager who's taking advantage of him, not that many baddies to fight. The main difference was that was done as a mockumentary. It was hillarious, but had some really sad/pathetic bits as well - not mushy sentimentalism, just those "damn, poor guy can't get any lower than that can he? no wait..." moments.

Associate
im just back from seeing this and thought it was awesome. I dont get why its getting panned by critics.

It does fall apart in some places(very few films dont), but i thoroughly enjoyed it. The acting was great, the cgi was great(mostly), the plot was enjoyable. The only thing I disliked about it was that it could have been so much more.

But im far from dissapointed.

Associate
I thought the twist was poorly done to start with, cuz the clues were a tad in your face (I did guess the twist but wasn't sure), but it did actually recover well afterwards when they gradually unfolded the background stuff. However I thought the actions bit were unnecessary.

All in all I think it's a film worth watching - the villians' motivations were poor, and certain scenes simply lacked common sense. I agree that the pacing were all over the place. I think the film has the right intentions, but the execution has failed it somewhat, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Soldato
The plot twist was very obvious and I worked it out pretty much straight away.

Good film though, and I agree with Loopstah, that new Adam Sandler film was roll on the floor funny. :p

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Saw it last night and pretty much agree with Morba.

It started off well, but quickly degraded into tripe. As with I Am legend they could have taken another 20-30 minutes having a bit more fun in the first half.

Associate
Saw it last night as well and think i agree with some others. Started off well and the superhero/bum is a good idea, but i saw the twist a mile off. Had some good stuff in it and was quite funny, but the 2nd half seem to lose its way, not helped by a really poor bad guy.

I enjoyed it but it just seemed to lack something, enjoyed Charlize a lot though. :D

Back
Top Bottom