• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OC - u leave EIST and EC1 on or off ?

Associate
when u OC ....u leav those options on or off ?
is it realy saving power :confused: or BS ?

cos now in desktop enviorment it's on 2.6GHZ but when i load a game it goes to 4GHZ .....(E8400)

Associate
Congratulations, you are the 1,000,000nth person to ask this question, please call at OCUK on Friday AM to collect your prize.

Associate
this, and the all-time-champion:

I've got 4GB of ram in my machine, but its only showing 3.x. what gives?

:mad:

I've never really believed in ugenics, but, if we could just prevent people who post that from breeding, in a few decades the world would be a better place, I just feel it in my bones.

And there's a fair sized posse of "is a 4850 any good/which card is the best bang for buck" posters too, though I'd suspect their personalities largely take care of the breeding problem. (I think I saw three lined up in a row yesterday....."which card £100-150, 4850 or GTS, and, should I upgrade to a 4850" or something. Thank $DEITY they don't use Linux, all that R'ingTFM would cause them a seizure.[1]

On a topic related point.................

How come my CPU causes a reboot the SECOND it hits 70? I mean 68,69,7wallop. Happens that way on two UTTERLY different motherboards, and with all manner of speed/voltage/multi/whatever settings. I thought the thermal control flummy may be guilty but it seems to still do it while that is disabled.
I appreciate that 70 is sort of the upper limit for safe operation, but this is like a switch, a thermal trip.

[1]guilty of posting for confirmation that a 4850 beats a GTS myself, but it WAS the first I swear ;)

Back
Top Bottom