The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
dear god, that's a lot of titles.

Hopefully they will get them rereleased ASAP - I am/was collecting flights of fancy and kanon.
I wonder how ADV are going to do after this?

I also wonder if the ADV dubs will also be transfered? (iirc dubs are odd, sometimes they revert to the Japanese company along with the rest of the licence, other times they have to be dealt with separately).

That could be the problem, that sheer mass of titles plus the ones from the Geneon catalogue could mean a while before things are released .... but if they pull it off they could be getting quite a bit of cash off me, (I just noticed that another of the Geneon titles was one I was interested in (The Familiar of Zero) but hadn't recognised the westernised name for it).

If they wanted to get a good reputation in the community though they could release Kanon #6 and NHK #5 and #6 with just minor rebranding from ADV to themselves allowing people to finish their current sets off ... don't expect it to happen though, not when they can make us re-buy things ...

hmmmm .... and less than 2.5hrs until the Nozomi announcement, whatever that may be ...

Soldato
Terra and Gakuen Alice .... can't say I've heard of either of them.

And Bandai have Hayate no Gotoku ... will be interesting to see what they do with such a long (52 episode) series.

edit:

Well from Funimations Saturday panel it things may be good ... they have said that they want to be consistent with existing release artwork for Geneon and ADV releases and have stated apparently that they want to allow people to finish their art boxes for Geneon releases (so hopefully the same for ADV). ADV releases should see some movement in the Autumn. :)

Kudokawa have licensed Spice and Wolf and H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~ (amongst others) but no distribution partner announced as yet)

Honneamise panel indicated Sola and True Tears are still on hold while they try and decide how to release them :(

Last edited:
Commissario
I've just finished Emma Season 1, and have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it, and cannot wait for the second season (pre-ordered already).

Apparently Funi have solicited a lot of the Geonon titles, including LE's of things like Black Lagoon Second Barrage, and box sets of Fate/Stay (which i'll probably get, as i'd bought volume 1 and enjoyed it).

Soldato
Finally got around to reading Azumanga Diaoh (omnibus edition) the other day. To be honest I think i prefer the anime to the manga, not that the manga is bad but I think it's translation is not very good. Seems to be to americanised, more so than the anime anyway.

Soldato
Ordered myself these three the other day
Otoboku Maidens Are Falling For Me 1+2
Maria sama is watching over us series one
Would have liked the option of English dub but.... They are 2 of my fave series :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered myself these the the other day
Otoboku Maidens Are Falling For Me 1+2
Maria sama is watching over us series one
Would have liked the option of English dub but.... They are 2 of my fave series :)

I wasn't sure how Otoboku was going to be as it was a blind, impulse purchase when I ordered it. I'd never heard of the series before but having seen disk one now i do now have disk 2 on pre-order as it was very good. Given that Wikipedia indicates the series is 12 episodes and an OVA I'm assuming this will be a three disk release (as the first has five episodes).

Maria-sama ... well I think I've got all the licensed series on pre-order, even those without confirmed release dates :) ... it's just to damn good.

Had a thought earlier regard Emma; I updated my iTunes earlier and pulled down the second trailer off the Rightstuf trailers video podcast (it's been quite a while) ... hmmm looking at the main female character in the trailer, I assume the title character from the series, she reminded me strongly of Yomi from Azumanga Daioh ... hmmmm ... in series 2 you find out it is actually Yomi and she's fallen through a space/time rift and got amneisa ... ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Re Otoboku
The ova is *****
Def don't watch it until after you have seen the series then don`t watch it!! :(
Only link to the series is same name characters/although diff personalities
Based on a Cinderella theme
BIG disappointment
I was expecting at least a follow up or maybe a festival or beach episode

Soldato
Re Otoboku
The ova is *****
Def don't watch it until after you have seen the series then don`t watch it!! :(
Only link to the series is same name characters/although diff personalities
Based on a Cinderella theme
BIG disappointment
I was expecting at least a follow up or maybe a festival or beach episode

hmmmm ... well, I'll only get it if it's with the series anyway.

Anyway, does make me wonder, to the thread in general ... what have people got on pre-order at the moment?

I have currently:
Aria The Animation Collection (Season 1)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Part 1 Limited Edition
Gurren Lagann 1 Special Edition with CD
Kujibiki Unbalance 3: Melancholy of Ritsuko Kettenkrad
Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed 1
Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 Collection
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2 Collection
Maria Watches Over Us Season 3 Collection (OVA)
Otoboku: Maidens Are Falling For Me 2: Drag Dilemmas
Shuffle 5
Shuffle 6
Strawberry Panic 3: Third Wheel
Strawberry Panic 4: Fourth Refrain

I did/do have Kanon #6 on pre-order and would have had NHK #6 on there too but I'll have to sort those out when Funimation announces what they are doing. I did have Shana disks 2 and 3 on pre-order but I've cancelled them and will order the R1 boxset for its release in September. Other announced series that will be pre-order when available are Fate/Stay and Lyrical Nanoha

I do have several figures and a pile of manga on order too, and as Kanon #6 isn't coming out this month now I've ordered a copy of Emma too.

Soldato
Just had an email off right stuff regarding my order of Maria Watches Over Us Season 1
It is my first order of them and they now say(after going through the secure website ordering process)that they want a copy of the front and back of my CC and a bill or something with my name and address:eek:
Sounds a bit Phishy to me or is this normal?Someone here must have ordered from them before

Commissario
It's entirely normal for them (and a number of other US/Aus/Canadian retailers) to do it.

They have a very bad problem with fraud from overseas orders, and don't have any access to the normal extended checks that say Amazon have, as they don't have branches in the UK.
Hence they ask for the additional information once,

What I do (i've had to do it with TRSI, DVDPacific, AtlanticDVD and I think DVDboxoffice), is to scan/take a pic of the required items, then black out all but the last 4 digits of the card number wherever it appears (remember it shows up 2 or 3 times on the statement).
That way they can see you have the card, and live at the address but you're not sending the full card details in the picture :)

They only do it once per customer, making a note on the account it's been done, then deleting the pics.

Soldato
What Werewolf said. I had to do that for them the middle of last year and haven't had any issues on that card since so it would appear to be ok.

Don't tend to use them that often though as whilst they are cheap to buy from it can cost quite a bit for me to get the item once its in the UK as they deliver to the credit card address, (which means a taxi trip for me out to the depot and back normally).

Soldato
Yep, it's perfectly safe. I did it when I first bought something from them 2+ years ago and never had a problem since.

They are even good if you parcel goes missing. I've had a couple of £200+ orders replaced when they vanished during shipping.

Not that I buy anime any more though. :(

Soldato
Just finished watching a few epps of a series called `Strike Witches`
:eek::D Never seen so many Pantsu shots(Along with quite a few `Camel-Toe;) shots too) in a single episode before.It was like every 10 secs along with a few..Was that a panty shot..moments.You know the ones where you have to slo-mo to check if it really was :D
It was the sort of anime that ought to have an 18 Loli Warning on the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom