Think I'm happy now (Mac Pro).

Soldato
Reyt like, so I've had my Mac Pro for sometime now? Like maybe 2 months or something like that.

The only thing I couldn't get my head around was storage, yapped on here about it numorous times etc.

So as of yesterday I went from having RAID 0 for speed, to RAID 1 - On the belief I could then use Boot Camp.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOO it appears that even in mirror mode you cannot use BC.

So this then led me to start completely from the beginning and use 1 of my 1TB drives for OSX & thus allowing me to use Boot Camp to use the other 1TB drive.

As of now I'm sorted, both OSX updated and Vista 64bit updated, both running on their own 1TB drive!

God, what an effort. Time Machine 4 the win, because without that it would have been murder to get back to OSX the way I left it.

/rant over.

:p

Associate
Just a heads up, you dont need to use bootcamp to dual boot windows, i use rEFIt for dual booting osx and xp and im pretty sure that works with raided drives

Soldato
OP
If it's an OS X software RAID then it won't work in Boot Camp, and there's no way around this.

This is why I've gone back to just one drive for OSX.

Although having OSX in RAID 1 was very fast, it just made life difficult for me to run any of my favourite games.

I did have Crossover 4 Games & VM Fusion, but they weren't enough for me.

Atleast now, with vista installed and the latest Boot Camp drivers installed I've got myself quite a nifty machine to run games at excellent settings.

:)

Back
Top Bottom