• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More crazy prices - Leadtek this time & worlds fastest card from Leadtek......

Associate
Hi there

OK had a right barmy on the phone with Leadtek this morning and facts are the order has shipped from the far east today. Everything except the Extreme GTX 280's are expected to arrive this Friday as long as couriers do their job.

I have vented a lot of fustration at Leadtek as to how the hell does it take a week to package up goods and arrange shipping, sometimes I just can't stand laziness but as the deal is so good I can forgive them.

That's good to hear.

But did Leadtek confirm anything about the extreme cards? Ie whether the clocks are genuine, whether the cards are speed-binned 65nm pieces or G200b parts, and when they are likely to actually ship you some units?

I think there are a lot of people (news websites outside the forums etc) that would like to know this as well.

Associate
The longer this drags out the less value this card has. 280 prices are dropping like flies and what with the X2 previews, pricing of that will most likely be similar or less than the 280 extreme.

Associate
Cause they haven't found any GTX280 chips which are stable at those speeds yet, would be my guess.

My thoughts exactly, I think it will be some time before we actually see these, if at all.
I've given up on my order and got it changed to the Zotac AMP model instead. The clocks are still v good, its cheaper and at least they are in stock

Caporegime
what happens if you paid for a gtx280 at dearer price but havent recieved it yet but by time you get it theres been a significant price drop? do you get refunded the difference? cause some have waited a while but still not got them and theres been quite a drop in price.

Man of Honour
what happens if you paid for a gtx280 at dearer price but havent recieved it yet but by time you get it theres been a significant price drop? do you get refunded the difference? cause some have waited a while but still not got them and theres been quite a drop in price.

I would be cancelling my order, getting a refund and then re-ordering one at the new price and in stock.

Back
Top Bottom