how to improve my game (poker - hold em)

Don
worked out nice for you but pre flop you raised an amount that he had to call, if the flop has a card higher than a J and he bets ( both v likley ) then you are in trouble

Soldato
He show AK and promptly hits straight on river....

I call and he shows 67 off, 7 on the flop and another on turn....

Sounds like you were only losing to Bad Beats. This is how it should be - nothing wrong with your play as I see it, just the bad luck that sometimes happens and the knowledge that in the long run you win and these donks lose.

Soldato
Indeed,has been a good read, i've witnessed a fair few of Dazza's bad beats and i'm sure he's seen some of mine. I'm quite happy playing $5 SNG's at the moment, building my bank roll up that way. Occasionally having a dip on a $10 one.

Don
Sounds like you were only losing to Bad Beats. This is how it should be - nothing wrong with your play as I see it, just the bad luck that sometimes happens and the knowledge that in the long run you win and these donks lose.

yep, not really complaining about the play of myself or others, just generally whinging as poker players do :p

Soldato
If there were four hearts on the table that was bad play by both of them especially the king high flush. You could excuse the ace high flush if he's already got a fair amount of money invested into the pot but that's just a classic example of bad players being unable to get away from big hands.

What was the board, 8h 9h 10h Jh xx or something?

Soldato
After a stellar week the last few days have been a bit slow, ended up about even so no complaints there, but its frustrating getting sucked out on the river to donks on a shot in the dark draw.

Soldato
worked out nice for you but pre flop you raised an amount that he had to call, if the flop has a card higher than a J and he bets ( both v likley ) then you are in trouble

True, but in a small stakes MTT pre flop I wanted to keep him in hence the raise size, i couldnt have seen queens given that people go all in with even marginal hands in these types of tourneys. When I flopped quads i was thinking how to take all his stack, thankfullt this guy had been trying to buy and bully way to many pots earlier and it had been working for him.

Back
Top Bottom