How fast is 'safe' to overclock an E6600 on the standard intel fan?

Associate
OP
A question about the 'RAM divider'...

In the beginners thread "Reduce the multiplier and RAM divider if required so that both are at stock speeds or slightly less."

Not sure what that is telling me.

Caporegime
A question about the 'RAM divider'...

In the beginners thread "Reduce the multiplier and RAM divider if required so that both are at stock speeds or slightly less."

Not sure what that is telling me.
With the 680i board you have the option to run your memory unlinked. this way you can up the cpu FSB without your memory speed rising as well. I found this guide to be pretty useful for overclocking on a 680i.

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf

Associate
OP
Before I do this, I need a new cpu cooler. It's already running at 60c under load.

I've had a good experience with an Arctic before so I may purchase that one there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Using it now. Would this tell me if the system is unstable?

The temps are at 63 and 63 degrees now. I should get that cooler soon.
yip orthos small fft test is used to determine stability. and i would definitely replace the cooler. give your cpu a good clean with isopropyl alcohol and use the paste that comes preapplied to the arctic cooler. (arctic mx2 very good stuff) dont do what i did, cleaned it of like a dummy:o and used some ancient as5 i had lying about.

Suspended
you should be able to run 9x333 with stock volts and the stock cooler, like others said tho 60-65 is a nice target for loads temps.

Mines @ 3.6ghz on a coolermaster 212 which is like 1*c worse than a Freezer 7 for 2 years in october

Back
Top Bottom