Police officers attacked for asking a girl to pick up litter.

Associate
I don't find this either surprising or shocking.

I believe there is a great deal of pent-up anger and frustration at all the petty nasty little laws and restrictions we are currently living with.

This is no longer the free easy-going country I used to know.

My predicition is we will see a lot more explosions of violence like this in the future.

Sadly the poor old emergency services get the aggro - not the fools whose legislation is destroying our way of life.

Soldato
Agree how its stupid you cant touch kids - why on earth is that ? who decided this ?

And they wonder why prisons are overflowing.......the kids act like this until 18, do something stupid on there 18th birthday and then the law has the right to lock them up, so they do......filling all the prisons, how obvious this is that MP's cant see that is stupid.

Kids do know what there doing, there not stupid, so make them responsible for there actions, remove this human rights/stupid child laws rubbish.

Soldato
I don't find this either surprising or shocking.

I believe there is a great deal of pent-up anger and frustration at all the petty nasty little laws and restrictions we are currently living with.

These aren't kids protesting about speed cameras or the state of the NHS....

This is simply a situation which escalated and once the first idiot threw a punch at the coppers, the rest of the group stuck a boot in too. This was just random violence.

Soldato
Doubt it. Just a bunch of skinny little weasels.

True mate. Take the first two or three and the rest would probably have legged it or briked themselves. I mean it really does take 30 people to have a go at two policemen sigh!

Edit: there is no way I could stand by and let two police officers get battered for something so petty. I think responsibility and a sense of civic duty kicks in before anything else along with respect for someone trying to do a difficult job.

Last edited:
Soldato
No. Not at all. I hate the little *****

I quite often visit the local McDonalds where there are "tons" of them just chucking their wrappers all over the place despite the fact there is a bin or number of bins dotted about the place. No respect toward the people that have to clean their mess up after them etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a shame we cant give the police the powers they need to deal with criminals in general and particularly knife crime/antisocial behaviour amongst the young. Several police officers I know have become so disillusioned with the job as they feel powerless against criminals, they know who the bad guys are but are barred from dealing with them.

Soldato
I genuinely believe London needs a super hero. All the guy needs is a stab/bullet proof vest, a race bike, helmet, leathers and a nice set of muscles.

Hell if somebody wants to give me a bike ill do it my self.

Soldato
I would have happily deformed each of their disgusting faces. Unfortunately thats English culture, stand back and watch. In america I can guarantee a couple of guys would have of set them straight.

Haha thats the biggest load of rubbish ive read on these forums. Couple of guys are going to set a gang of 30 people straight? Given the high possibility they will be armed. Good one!

Soldato
The law is a joke. It's about time it was changed so that the punishment fits the crime. Parents also need to take more responsibility for the actions of their children.

Caporegime
This is the Americans justification for having guns (either civilian or law enforcement). If the mob thought that they could get shot by members of the public or the police, then they'd probably think twice about it . As it stands however, some pepper spray, tazar or a 'baton' isn't going to control a big group.

Of course, the one small problem with that idea is that under the American system, some of the mob would be most likely carrying guns as well.

So instead of "if the mob thought that they could get shot by members of the public or the police, then they'd probably think twice about it", it becomes "if the two police thought that they could get shot by members of the public, then they'd probably think twice about it".

A less than ideal situation.

Frankly, I am just staggered by this entire event. Are people immune from the law these days, or do they simply believe that they are? What goes on in these people's heads that makes them act this way?

Some parts of this country seem to be permanently stuck in the feudal era, with all the deprivation and depravity that was common to that period. It absolutely baffles me. :confused:

Commissario
There is nothing wrong with the law, the problem is the government guidelines that the magistrates and judges have to go by.

Corrected.

The magistrates and judges have their hands tied by what the CPS prosecutes with, and what the government has told them are the maximum/suitable sentences for the charges (apparently they can get quite creative if they feel the need, iirc they have the ability to ban people from driving for any crime in which the use of a vehicle was essential - cue a professional fly tipper who found himself banned from driving in addition to the fines that were all they were allowed to do otherwise).

A judge/Magistrate has to go by the guidelines the government has given them, so any time the PM or Home secretary goes on about the judges being soft for not sentencing more severely remember the minor but important fact that if a judge (or especially a magistrate) goes against the official sentencing guidelines, they can be reprimanded (up to being sacked effectively), and the sentence overturned on appeal, and it's the Government who issue the guidelines, not the whim of the Judge or Magistrate (who can work pretty hard to use the harshest penalty they possible can, in the spirit of the law but within the guidelines - mobile phones confiscated and destroyed for happy slapping for example can be a bigger deterrent than a £50-100 fine).

Back
Top Bottom