Why do banks hate me?

Soldato
OP
Just such a good looking car...hope it goes well for ya.

Cheers chap, it is so frustrating, having the "kid before Christmas" stress added to the financial/bank stress is really getting to me :(

ahhhhh

oooh just got hod of the main dudes boss now, she's off to speak with the guy who's dealing with it, hopefully she will give him a slap.

Will seriously drive to Bournemouth tomorrow and sit in his office all day until he sorts it out. I will go armed with an 8 week crying pooping baby as well :p

Man of Honour
I had a similar thing when I got my car, stupid bank and an 'instant access' ISA that turned out to be 21 days... I was not happy, finally lost my temper after about a week of them telling me 'tomorrow' and ended up with a fee free/interest free overdraft of £9k so I could pick up my car.

Gits.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate :)

Soldato
OP
I had a similar thing when I got my car, stupid bank and an 'instant access' ISA that turned out to be 21 days... I was not happy, finally lost my temper after about a week of them telling me 'tomorrow' and ended up with a fee free/interest free overdraft of £9k so I could pick up my car.

Gits.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate :)

This is what I am angling for ;)

We have finally got hold of the elusive Trust Fund department (it is deliberately hidden as not a customer facing team apparently) they were very helpful and could see all the details and told us the nature of the trust fund and how the 100k principle was made up of various bonds and things. The confirmed everything has been signed off but the final release was just sitting on the system.

They are calling back tomorrow morning as they need to check a few things before letting us know what's what. They said not to stress (pah) as the money is defiantly coming and is approved and will let us know tomorrow when.

Had a word with the seller and he is still cool but understandably a little concerned as all this is just on our respective words as we genuinely get on well. I am slapping a Monkey into his account tomorrow even though he said it isn't required.

I feel so bad that I have not kept my word due to the crap bank.

She will be mine damn it!

Soldato
OP
Yay

The lovely lady at the trust fund section has confirmed that although submited the final probate signature was not done which she is pushing through today as top priority so money will be cleared on Wednesday at the very latest.

She was very apologetic and is giving us £400 in compensation without us even asking for any!

Looks like I Will be getting the car next friday :D

Soldato
OP
This one is £15.3 and has had everything that needs sorting and uprading completed :)

Its a TVR, therefore it breaking down daily is expected, and if its what you want, you just dont care about that.

Indeed, this is a second "play" car, it can stay in the garage for as long as it needs to to get fixed if (when :p) it breaks, I have wanted one for ever and have spent most my adult life reading everything about them and as such I actually know more about the car than the current owner and he knows a lot :p

I am mechanically minded (used to do engineering) and am looking forward to working on it. Parts are cheap as most bits are off Jags and other Brit cars and only the bespoke parts are pricey.

It is more amusing than anything else when people who know nothing tell me "its going to break down" or "the're so unreliable". There are issues, I could tell you all of them, run through every part on the car and there functions, could they do the same? ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=18406

Is this the same car pictured at the trackday?

Very nice. We need pics and videos once you pick it up :cool:

Nope same colour but that is a 2001 LW model (Loads of people quote it as being Light Weight model but that has NEVER been stated in any TVR documentation, and judging by owners weighings they seem to be heavier. They do have a larger front screen with a narrower front roll cage bar to aid your view and all came with the later lights, although not blended in like that).

Mine is the manly 4.5 version on a 98 plate so nice cheap tax :)

Will defo try and get the engine note on a video as people don't realise how different (and amazing) a flat plane cranked v8 sounds next to a cross plane.

Looks like I am going to be on for the RR day as well (probably just spectatingr).

Back
Top Bottom