keep my job or go on dole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
if u have a nice family u can always borrow off them and run into thousands of pounds of debt and pay them back when u get a job....save yourself the humiliation of signing on.
then pay a **** load of tax money when u start working :)

not really an option though unless your family is that nice and you have every intention of paying the money back.

Associate
go on the dole i get me rent council tax paid £98 a week i get up when i want i go to bed when i want its the way man. now that summer is here they even pay for me to go on a subsidised hol obviously in uk but you cant knock it.

Soldato
i dont know how is it in uk but here if u dont work 39 hours that u are promised they have to pay you somehow. its diferent if you working part time.

if you work less then 20 hours u can get full dole to.

Permabanned
OP
ok back.

thanks for giving so much attention to this thread, its just a shame that most of the posters here couldnt pay attention to what was said.

I have never claimed jsa despite paying taxes.
I am earning so little because my 3rd year of university demanded it, self learning javascript, flash cs3, ajax to a standard above degree level isnt easy in under a year.

the whole jsa idea was temporary until I get my NEXT job, I didnt say that this next job would NEED to be a programming degree, although it is favoured. all that was stated was that I would recieve more from jsa than my current job so it would be better for me to claim off that than work at my present vacancy while applying for a better paid job.

just because you've never needed or saught reason to claim jsa doesnt make you better than anyone. just because I *thought* of doing it doesnt make me a worse person neither.

so pls stfu with the bitchy premadonna comments. there are worse people in the world.

Don
"what have you been up to since uni?"

"i did some travelling" (around the uk)

i'd knock up a cv with your qualifications on, and what it on monster.co.uk and other job sites, spend about 30 mins a day firing off your cv to any jobs you even half fancy

Man of Honour
What law is this as my employers did refuse (point blank couldnt even use as holiday etc)

I've never heard of an employer giving an employee time off to go to an interview for another job.

If they are legally obliged to, the law is ignored. That is normal in employment. My contracted hours are illegal. My employer knows this, but why should they care?

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I've chucked my cv (with dodgey photo of me) on about 8 different agency and recruitment sites thank god I can just upload my word document :p

I've never heard of an employer giving an employee time off to go to an interview for another job.

If they are legally obliged to, the law is ignored. That is normal in employment. My contracted hours are illegal. My employer knows this, but why should they care?

because you dont have to do them

Man of Honour
ok back.

thanks for giving so much attention to this thread, its just a shame that most of the posters here couldnt pay attention to what was said.

I have never claimed jsa despite paying taxes.
I am earning so little because my 3rd year of university demanded it, self learning javascript, flash cs3, ajax to a standard above degree level isnt easy in under a year.

the whole jsa idea was temporary until I get my NEXT job, I didnt say that this next job would NEED to be a programming degree, although it is favoured. all that was stated was that I would recieve more from jsa than my current job so it would be better for me to claim off that than work at my present vacancy while applying for a better paid job.

just because you've never needed or saught reason to claim jsa doesnt make you better than anyone. just because I *thought* of doing it doesnt make me a worse person neither.

so pls stfu with the bitchy premadonna comments. there are worse people in the world.

The issue is not taking other people's money from the state. I've done that myself (it took me 5 weeks to find a job - gotta eat and suchlike in the meantime). The issue is choosing to do so when you don't need to.

If you're determined to live off other people's work by choice, at least try seeing what you can get while working part-time, rather than choosing to not work at all.

As for employment prospects, it's how you present it to a potential employer. Having said that, "I chose to go on the dole because I didn't want to work" is hard to put across well. You can portray a crappy short-term job in a good light, both as experience in life and as a reflection of your character. If I was interviewing you and you said you'd spent several months working in a crappy job while looking for the job I needed someone for, because you'd rather work than live off the state, that would count in your favour. If I was looking for someone to work for me, I'd want someone who prefers to work.

Permabanned
OP
The issue is not taking other people's money from the state. I've done that myself (it took me 5 weeks to find a job - gotta eat and suchlike in the meantime). The issue is choosing to do so when you don't need to.

If you're determined to live off other people's work by choice, at least try seeing what you can get while working part-time, rather than choosing to not work at all.

As for employment prospects, it's how you present it to a potential employer. Having said that, "I chose to go on the dole because I didn't want to work" is hard to put across well. You can portray a crappy short-term job in a good light, both as experience in life and as a reflection of your character. If I was interviewing you and you said you'd spent several months working in a crappy job while looking for the job I needed someone for, because you'd rather work than live off the state, that would count in your favour. If I was looking for someone to work for me, I'd want someone who prefers to work.

its not that I dont want to work -_- I have tried and tried with my current employer to get more hours even working on different departments but they are adamant that they have nothing - not even overtime. at present I'd get more money from dole until I got a job with more hours. thats ANY job not just a programming job :p I'm not fussed what I get as long as I get more hours although Im trying to get a job in my field, I feel I may need to put that on hold until I got a better "temp" job :p but between that temp job and this crappy job I feel that the dole would benefit me more.

Soldato
Are you even able to claim benefits if you voluntarily leave your job?

Also, how anyone could actually WANT to go on the dole is beyond me. Can't you do your current job and find something else alongside it? Bar work, warehouse work, shelf stacking?? Whatever. ANYTHING is better than going on the dole.

Man of Honour
o

just read this thread and makes my blood boil.. says something for the society today when people even consider this as a option.

nice to know my HARD EARNED taxes goto giving people choices of sitting on their fat lazy *sses rather than work for a living like most have to.

get more hours, change your job, being a sponger is not a option for anyone with any self worth.

had some ****** up the road from us living in caravans for a week.. they just sat about all day carving wooden mushrooms to sell, ahhhh bless. ****** sponging ***** scum, bet they all on benefits.... their chosen free way of life is at everyones elses expense. so selfish..

if I were in charge of country I'd start by launching air strikes at ***** camps... start on the worse, then target those claiming long term benefits with apache gunships. ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Out of interest why include your photo, seems a very strange practice to me. Surely employers don't care what you look like?

dunno really, there was a big gap where my "personal details" were. thought I'd just shove a photo to fill it :p kinda looks appropriate. guess it helps them visualise me in their team or something I dunno. cant hurt I guess

just read this thread and makes my blood boil.. says something for the society today when people even consider this as a option.

nice to know my HARD EARNED taxes goto giving people choices of sitting on their fat lazy *sses rather than work for a living like most have to.

get more hours, change your job, being a sponger is not a option for anyone with any self worth.

maybe you should re-read it again this time concentrate on the words :p you dont need to worry - Im pretty sure I pay taxes and have paid enough to use it at least once. -_-

Associate
Wow. I don't think I've posted on these forums for three or four years, and this post has inspired me to come out of retirement to say something.

codec, I think you're a disgusting, pathetic person, and this is one good example of what is wrong with the state of our country at the moment. I'll leave it at that.

Soldato
HELPFUL POST ALERT, COVER YOUR EYES GD!

FAO codec: As I pointed out earlier in the thread, but it probably got buried quickly, it's extremely likely that you qualify for income support for people working under sixteen hours a week at low pay. You can claim this while working and, while you probably won't get the full £46.85 (assuming 18-24 in age), it will pad your income by a couple of quid.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
dunno really, there was a big gap where my "personal details" were. thought I'd just shove a photo to fill it :p kinda looks appropriate. guess it helps them visualise me in their team or something I dunno.

Fair enough I guess, I'd never considered putting my photograph in as I don't see what relevance it has to the job. Maybe I should start and that will ensure my employment when they see how devilishly handsome I am. ;)

You are aware that paypal is a bank and therefore they tell the HMRC about your regular payments. You have just admitted in public to knowingly evading paying Income Tax. Perhaps not the world's brightest move?

And you were kind enough to quote it and preserve it for posterity. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom