Joining the darkside!!

Soldato
Ah, probably Autovogue's favourite choice of car, 318 with M3 replica stuff.

The cars they sell are generally nice, but very, very overpriced.

Soldato
I believe you all fail

the e36 318 is a 4pot but the e46 is a 6pot ;)

* awaits fail boat picture if I am wrong

You are clearly at the helm of the fail boat and the only one on it.

e46:
The 316i, 318i, 318d and 320d are 4 pots.
The 320i, 323i, 325i, 328i, 330i, 330d are 6 pots.

This is broadly similar over the e36 and e90 where applicable except that the e90 320i is a 4 pot.

With regards to economy. The 318i will be significantly more economical than the 330i/530i. It also has an adequate 140bhp.

Soldato
You are clearly at the helm of the fail boat and the only one on it.

e46:
The 316i, 318i, 318d and 320d are 4 pots.
The 320i, 323i, 325i, 328i, 330i, 330d are 6 pots.

This is broadly similar over the e36 and e90 where applicable except that the e90 320i is a 4 pot.

With regards to economy. The 318i will be significantly more economical than the 330i/530i.

:(

failboatdeliverszb5.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I realised yesterday I was on the wrong tyre pressures, should be 2.0 on fronts and 2.3 on rears not 2.2 on fronts and 2.5 on rears! so with this corrected as of yesterday all should be good.

Around town I /used to/ get 37-39MPG and on a motorway journey 41.1 MPG but then again around town I don't really like hanging around in traffic for too long whereas on the motorway I could not care less about going slow / fast or whatever :p

Not really much to look out for fault wise as not much goes wrong with the 2 litre 16v engine, just look for the usual visual stuff like stone chips and scratches and since you got a black one....swirls :O and those wheels... :(

If your rear seats fold then there have been people reporting that they hear a rattle coming from this area (on any e46 coupe though not just this model) over bumpy roads, this is usually the seat latch or the headrests as they can rattle in their seated position, just bung a small bit of tissue down there or something and the rattle stops.
Not had this issue on mine, however, some people on e46fanatics have corrected the rattle by stuffing tennis balls into the parcel shelf area from inside of the boot via the holes!

The 2 litre sounds good too above 3000rpm but not like it's being over worked or loud like other 4cyl cars and below this it is very quiet, even with the windows open all you hear is road noise when around town and an ambient hum.

You'll be perfectly fine keeping up with fast moving traffic as well.

Associate
OP
Excellent reply and cleared up a few questions i had lined up,thanks.

The car is actually a dark metallic blue. The dealers say it is very very clean but will try to haggle for any stonechips that i find.As for the wheels, not a lot i can do about that at present but im sure they will sell well on the bay.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They probably won't really take in any price consideration based on stone chips because it's a to be expected of any car to have at least a few especially if it's been on the motorway a lot. You can fix them easily with a Touch Up pen kit from a main dealer or Halfords both for around a tenner.

Yup the wheels will most definitely sell on eBay for a decent price as they're quite popular with the riff raff (!)

Any inside pics?

Back
Top Bottom