Dell 2408 A01 or Hazro HZ24W

Associate
I read that too, one of the first things I looked at. For the record I still have 25% steps.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/lib/softmccs.shtm may be able to give finer control if necessary.

The only other information I have is the part number, mine is part number CX268 . I had a quick look for other part number information on the net but found nothing conclusive.

One thing to add to my previous list of observations: Banding. None that I've noticed.

Then you do NOT have Rev A01....as this has it in 10% setps...according to the Dell forums. Return it ?

ray

ray

Associate
If it isn't a rev A01, then I'm worried because I just placed an order for a 2408 this morning. When I receive the monitor, can I find out whether it is the new revision without opening the box?

Soldato
If it isn't a rev A01, then I'm worried because I just placed an order for a 2408 this morning. When I receive the monitor, can I find out whether it is the new revision without opening the box?

nope, but if it was promised as A01 and isn't you have recourse for the retailer to replace it and pay all shipping fees as it wasn't as advertised.

ray

ray

Associate
Thanks for the advice, philjohn and embalse. :) I'll contact the shop tomorrow to try to get more information from them on how they've determined that their stock are the new revision models. If I have any interesting news, I'll post it here.

Associate
If OCUK have REV A01 it will show on the Dell packing label on the outside of the box

ALL DELL monitor revisions are shown on the Dell outer packing label

Sounds like OCUK are misleading customer if they are claiming A01 and they are not

Associate
If OCUK have REV A01 it will show on the Dell packing label on the outside of the box

ALL DELL monitor revisions are shown on the Dell outer packing label

Sounds like OCUK are misleading customer if they are claiming A01 and they are not

Well it's still quoting A01 on the OcUK sales page as of 1pm today so it is misleading.

Last edited:

ray

ray

Associate
I sent another webnote to the shop this morning and asked them to guarantee that they are selling the new revision or I will cancel my order. I also told them the sharpness adjustment of the new revision displays is in increments of 10, rather than 25. This was the reply I received:

"Sorry for the inconvenice, i can confirm it is definitley revison one and it will be the latest model from dell."

Associate
Well it may be the latest version from Dell, but ecat received his OcUK A01 on Saturday, which came in a box stamped A00 and still has 25% steps, which pretty much makes it Dells latest A00.

ray

ray

Associate
It's weird but I've still not received an order confirmation e-mail which is what I would've expected since I ordered on Sunday. I've just checked my order status and it says 'Printed in our warehouse' so it means that my order still hasn't been dispatched yet. :confused:

I wonder if the delay is because I had sent 3 webnotes to get revision A01 confirmation, and I had 3 different people all confirm it definitely is revision A01, but now they've discovered it isn't A01? haha

Soldato
It's weird but I've still not received an order confirmation e-mail which is what I would've expected since I ordered on Sunday. I've just checked my order status and it says 'Printed in our warehouse' so it means that my order still hasn't been dispatched yet. :confused:

I wonder if the delay is because I had sent 3 webnotes to get revision A01 confirmation, and I had 3 different people all confirm it definitely is revision A01, but now they've discovered it isn't A01? haha

Would be interesting to know if staff actually do bother to check the box/or the sticker on the back of the unit to confirm just that ;)

Ocuk Id assume would do but then u just never can tell untill it turns up like !

Associate
Ray,

I await your updates with interest, buying an A01 as advertised was my intention.

Observations update:

Banding : Very mild towards darker end of grey scale, may be due to my changing settings.

ray

ray

Associate
Sorry to disappoint you guys but I chickened out of buying the 2408. :o I phoned the shop to ask about the new revision and I told the guy that a couple of people have recently bought a 2408 and received an old revision model. The guy then said that if the same happened to me, I could return it. However, I can't really be bothered to do that so I canceled the order. I'm not in a rush to get a new display so I'll wait until there's 100% proof that the new revisions are out before buying.

Back
Top Bottom