Personalised reg?

Soldato
Your plate rocks though, 10/10.

Any plate where you have to explain what it means (including initials) is just pants imho. Either do it properly or don't bother.

Why thanks, to be honest I was very lucky that the combination of letters and numbers came up...because I wouldn't spend silly money on getting my initials or something which tries to read as my name like 1300N3R or something cryptic.

On the point of a car having a numberplate saying what it is, I think it's quite cool on some cars. For example, I am impressed by the car and then the numberplate like an Aston martin with A5TON or something. :) I am easily pleased!

Soldato
OP
Just got it. I don't like saying my name on forums, but to give you an idea, assume my name was Dave H (which it is not and looks nothing like my name) and the plate is D4 VEH. The one I got is exactly the same layout, First name then second initial with a 4 as an A.

Soldato
On the point of a car having a numberplate saying what it is, I think it's quite cool on some cars. For example, I am impressed by the car and then the numberplate like an Aston martin with A5TON or something. :) I am easily pleased!

I saw a citoren picasso with p111cso on in town the other day. Looked completely pants :(

Soldato
I have a photo of a VW Passat with the numberplate P45SAT, it looked quite good...till logic kicked in and you realise that it is just a passat with an expensive numberplate!

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know what the official Scotland logo is for number plates? Getting one made up online and most of them look tacky (why on earth do people put plates on with silly fonts and playboy bunnies and what not?!)

Soldato
OP
What about the spacing? I understand it is a violation to have say

X#XX X (this looks exactly like my First Name then Surname Initial) but when I looked at all the cars on my road with custom regs they seem to all play with spacing anyway.

I was considering getting X# XXX and X#XX X as 2 sets in case. I get the impression in London they do not care. I have seen so many cars with ridicilous fonts, bizzare coloured plates and manipulation of letters/number so they do not resemble their original plate around here. I asked a few who have these different plates and they said they have no troubles. I guess knife crime etc is more important than a number plate...

Views?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
mate, honestly, just tell us what the plate is. if it was really something fantastic then it would have been snapped up ages ago.

Forgive my "secrecy", I am not one for pasting personal stuff/info on forums.

R4FY *

Rafie *

* is my surname initial. I think it looks pretty darn good. It was found in 2001 by my dad's friend who has loads of amazing regs (including a 2 digit one worth 6 figures I believe) but obviously available all this time as it's not exactly a common name.

Caporegime
Its hardy personal though given it will be in full public view and is intended for the public to see it :p

If you are known to most people as Rafy then cool, that would look pretty good imo :]

I've been tempted by M6RBA or M10RBA a few times, but the 6 just seems to annoy me and the additional 1 in the 10 is just wrong! hehe

Soldato
Tbh personalised numberplates look **** on anything, they just draw attention to the most boring part of the car.
It'll mainly make people call you a tossed salad for having one in the first place. EVen on prestige cars people will always think, what a doornob.
I mean who is honestly going to come up to you in a genuine way and go, "alright mate, nice plate there"

But thats just what I say.

I've had some pressed german plates because they look less tacky but don't draw attention to themselves.

Soldato
OP
Its hardy personal though given it will be in full public view and is intended for the public to see it :p

If you are known to most people as Rafy then cool, that would look pretty good imo :]

I've been tempted by M6RBA or M10RBA a few times, but the 6 just seems to annoy me and the additional 1 in the 10 is just wrong! hehe

it's how my name sounds, and sometimes people mispell it like that.

As for personalised plates looking crap etc, it's more a personal item. I want to keep it until I stop driving and it adds a personal touch to my car as I have been and done the whole modifying a chariot phase.

Having a personalised number plate in a tasteful way (ie no stupid fonts, playboy bunnies or what not) is fine, I do not see a problem with it. half my road has personal plates and it looks nice on a car, better than LS08XXX before IMO!

Soldato
I've had some pressed german plates because they look less tacky but don't draw attention to themselves.

??? Really? Unless you mean UK font pressed.

I have a personalised plate, I like it, feels like I wrote on my car 'this belongs to me', my brother has one, and a lot of people I know have them. It gets stupid when you have X111 DAV, as all those ones detract from it.

I have PX KPL. (Real name being Kapil, P is an initial)

Soldato
There is an awesome one which is my nick name and requires no stupid letter changing but is £1500 as it was released by auction by the DVLA a few years back .

Seems an extravagance but it will follow me across all my future cars

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgive my "secrecy", I am not one for pasting personal stuff/info on forums.

R4FY *

Rafie *

* is my surname initial. I think it looks pretty darn good. It was found in 2001 by my dad's friend who has loads of amazing regs (including a 2 digit one worth 6 figures I believe) but obviously available all this time as it's not exactly a common name.

You do realise your name is in your trust details if anyone really cared enough to find what it was?

Back
Top Bottom