The official Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Thread

Soldato
The guy from Dell on their forums said something about Dell actually keeping the A00 sometimes even though the firmware is now technically "A01" so it's harder to tell - as mentioned before it'll only be detectable from the brightness settings being in different increments.

Associate
The guy from Dell on their forums said something about Dell actually keeping the A00 sometimes even though the firmware is now technically "A01" so it's harder to tell - as mentioned before it'll only be detectable from the brightness settings being in different increments.

Thats the point. Dell have not actually said anything yet only hints at what might be or not be. I have not read one article here or on the Dell forums where someone has received a 2408WFP with A01 stamped on it.

I would really wait until there is an official comment from Dell

Soldato
Price is excellent guys, here in my country its 200Ł more :(

So this LCD good enough for daily use and some gaming? Some say yes some no, dilema :p

Associate
Just off the phone to OcUK.

Paraphrase:
A01's were in stock, some A00's may have been shipped by mistake. The label on the outside of the box should specify the revision i.e. if the label does not read Rev A01 then the monitor is not a rev A01.

Legal Standing:
If you ordered a rev A01 monitor and received a rev A00 monitor then contact OcUK asap and inform them of the situation. You are covered by the 'Sale of Goods Act', OcUK will advise how to proceed. If you fail to contact OcUK within a reasonable period of time it will be assumed that you accept the monitor as is.

So, keep what you have or return it and gamble on a rev A01. Sallermas or anyone else with a verified A01, any information you can give on the changes, updates etc would be most welcome.

Associate
ECat I have 4 x REV A00's now in the office that are all ok for us we're looking to order 2 more but Dell have NOT Shipped ANYONE REV A01 as yet. We'll wait to order until they are actually shipped

I do not think OCUK Have received "some" REV A01's as no one has in addition the reply stated Dell claim these have a firmware fix so are REV A01's but in fact are not unless it shows on the outer packing label

Associate
Just read on the Dell Community Forums from the Dell Liaison :

http://www.dellcommunity.com/suppor...hread.id=90203&view=by_date_ascending&page=40

DELL-Jimmy_P said:
I have news, as of yesterday all 2408's shipping as refurbished have the new firmware, as of Monday new monitors started coming off the production line with it.

If you are ordering a new monitor you should wait about two weeks to make sure that they have a chance to get through the distribution network.

But that's USA, not sure if it will be the same in UK or not.

Soldato
* Input lag of ~30 - 35ms (should be fixed in A01)
* Sharpness - This manifests itself in some slight colour shadows around text. (Will be fixed in A01)
* One side of the panel brighter than the other (Dell refuses to admit this)
* Colour banding (should be fixed in A01)
* Red/Green tint (Defect in the panel not related to revisions)

so this is good for ocasional gamer?

Back
Top Bottom