Ninja Gaiden II

Permabanned
Dude, Chapter 2 on Acolyte...that's stupidly easy :p You do know about blocking, dodging and countering...etc right? You must be doing something pretty badly wrong to fail on Chapter 2 Acolyte.

Soldato
Looking forward to continuing my playthrough on Warrior difficulty this weekend with just dragon sword. Not had chance to touch this nor any other game for last couple of weeks.

Then once through on this difficulty, will go back to acolyte playing through with just one of the other weapons.... like the vigoorian flails :)

This is the only game I think I will attempt to get all 1000 achievements on, so its not going to get traded in any time soon. Will certainly turn out to be value for money!

Associate
They are there now in europe market palce which is nice. Is a bit naff having to pay for them seperatly, i think i'll only get one costume as i don't feel the need for all three.

Anything to stop me using that ugly type20 costume.

edit: bah, don't even like any of the costumes, i'll think i'll leave them be then.

Last edited:
Associate
OMG Just finished this on Acoytle and I have to say this is the best console game I have played for years!!

I absolutly loved it! For me the combat is set at just the right level and its depth can make using some of the weapons a real art! I hardly ever replay games but I dived straight into way of the warrior last night after finishing it lol.

Just had to vent that lol.

Soldato
OMG Just finished this on Acoytle and I have to say this is the best console game I have played for years!!

I absolutly loved it! For me the combat is set at just the right level and its depth can make using some of the weapons a real art! I hardly ever replay games but I dived straight into way of the warrior last night after finishing it lol.

Just had to vent that lol.

I regret going on to warrior. The game was brilliant on Acolyte, as it wasn't too and it ran very smoothly, bar 2 sections.

There is loads of fram rate drops on warrior, and sometimes it can be so annoyingly hard it removes the "fun" aspect.

Having said that, continuing my play through on warrior the other night, I opened up a walkthrough, and read about all these different ways to use weapons that I wasn't even aware of that it's actually become a bit more fun again :)

Once I have completed warrior, I don't think I will be trying the harder difficulties, but will play through again on acolyte for some of the weapon achievements. And having said that, I suppose it does not help trying to play through warrior using only the dragon sword :)

Associate
It's definatley there in quite a lot of places, most of it hardly noticable. Acolyte only has slowdown in a couple of sections though. On mentor though it just gets silly in some places, on the 2nd chapter end boss, and it's running so slowly, hampering any kind of progress i hope to make.

Soldato
Another thing that hits the fps from what I have seen is the pheonix flame ninpo thing. Which is all I am using at the moment cause have hardly found any jewel of demon seal to upgrade the other ninpo.

Associate
For that guy the only tactic i have been able to use without being hit is using the kurasi gama, and charging the UT and releasing it just before it punches you or somthing. It's not hard to charge a ut in that fight and the kurasi gama delivers a lot of hits in safety. What the real tactic is i don't know, only a few times have i been able to deliver significan't damage with the bow and unable to recreate it on demand. If you have the eclipse scythe you can use the UT on that also.

I finally beat the chapter2 boss on mentor, game is something else, going to take forever to complete and i have doubts on being able to do master ninja.

Associate
Oooh, apparently there's a mission mode DLC (800points) out for ng2, pity it's broken apparently and they have pulled it for now. Does anyone have any details pertaining to it? Google has been unhelpful.

Associate
Unless its been mentioned elsewhere on here careful with that update that came out yesterday for NG2 as it has stuffed a lot of people's including my game up with constant freezing at cutscenes.

http://forums.xbox.com/21699455/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/21712648/ShowPost.aspx

Amazing it seems there is someone out there who maybe just is apparently worse than EA at sending patchies/updates out not fully tested and that's saying something.

You can though as mentioned in one of the links to the thread on this clear your hd's cache thus remove the bad update for a temporary fix to stop the freezing at cinematics until the idiots sort out the mess they seem to have created with this "update".

Last edited:
Soldato
Just grabbed this for £19.99 today along with Bad Company/Mass Effect (new for £10 could not say no!) and house of the dead 2&3. Is this worth opening? I loved Black but it was tough as nails sometimes!

Associate
Unless its been mentioned elsewhere on here careful with that update that came out yesterday for NG2 as it has stuffed a lot of people's including my game up with constant freezing at cutscenes.

http://forums.xbox.com/21699455/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/21712648/ShowPost.aspx

Amazing it seems there is someone out there who maybe just is apparently worse than EA at sending patchies/updates out not fully tested and that's saying something.

You can though as mentioned in one of the links to the thread on this clear your hd's cache thus remove the bad update for a temporary fix to stop the freezing at cinematics until the idiots sort out the mess they seem to have created with this "update".

i've just come across this in chapter 12, i thought it was my POS disc that was screwing up as i've been able to crash the game by simply going out of the shop too quickly (i mean wtf, how unstable is that!) and though the disc was fubar, but it turns out it might be something else.. still, thats just ****** up.

Soldato
Yeah, also thought my drive was giving out when the game hung on cutscene. Made me re-play some of my least favourite sections.

So so close to having completed this on Warrior now. Just got that beardy guy, and that big bad thing to go. I always hate the later bosses on the NG games.Its what stopped me from ever completely finishing the first.

I will get through this though, and then will never play on anything other than Acolyte. Even if it means I don't get all 1000 achievement points. Currently on 485 points, and don't know how much higher I will get.

I do want to get the 1000 UT finshes and the other 1000 kills thing - forget exactly what it is now.

Back
Top Bottom