Raid 0 recovery issues (changed faulty mobo)

Associate
No clue what to do here.

Just had my mobo changed to a DFI x38 T2r under warranty, from an Asus which went wrong. Hardware is running fine now however i have no clue as to how to work the options/disks. I brought another hdd (WD 640gb). Installed windows on the WD. Under BIOS only IDE seemed to lead any detection of the drives. RAID and the other option, Ahci did not work.

The Raid 0 is basically 2 Samsung 500GB drives(under 1TB total). However i cant get to boot in them let alone get explorer to find them in windows. Device manager sees them however. Under IDE bios sees the drives. Unlike Asus i could setup Raid at boot. This board doesnt seem to allow that! although it claims its compatible.

I have run raid2raid to try and see what i can but its suggesting that the raid is broken and seems to only see half the files, all of which are messed up or only have half the data.

edit: Raid reconstructor cant see the drives.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The only way of updating the BIOS is via floppy as the windows way is not 64 bit compatible. Sadly no floppy drive. Might install one off my old pc perhaps.

I am running afew other recovery programs right now. See if ca get anything and assess what i am losing or getting. My most critical files are backed up online and on usb stick thankfully. Its just pictures and memories that are at stake.

Associate
OP
was using Asus Blitz Formula.

I will try the usb stick. Though i am scared.

Thankfully i have already recovered the data through my old pc. My mum didnt delete my old stuff. All the essential new files were backed up already. Only stuff lost is just mobile phone pictures taken in the span of two months and probably other stuff that arent major :)

Hopefully i can now just get the dirves to be recognised. Not fussed about recovering anymore.

Last edited:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I haven't first-hand experience with either board, but I would have expected the DFI to see the RAID without any issues since they both use the same RAID controller.

Associate
OP
Pretty much. I learnt my noobish lesson here.

I'll try the raid drivers thing later. I have got windows setup to install drivers via cd or usb but it doesnt see anything... even when i force install.

Wierd. For now i am using my new 640gb WD. Seems to run better than the raid had to lower seek time using Hitachi's utility. :)

Back
Top Bottom