• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8500/E8600

Associate
i take it from rumours that intel will be releasing the new dual E8600 sometime in next couple weeks, is this correct? i was just about to buy the 8500 wolfdale but hear the 8600 will be same price on release so should wait, anyone know if this is true or just speculation? thanls

Soldato
hmm thats what i heard. seems bit much like 60 quid xtra when you can oc 8500 good anyway..

I would still wait if i were you. From all the pre-release samples tested so far they do seem to clock much higher than the E8500's. That and the 10x multi will make it a much less stressfull clock on any mobo as well.

Soldato
means it normally consumes less power thus produces less waste heat. which make it great for o/cing. However the majority of revisions are just small bug fixes in the microcode.

Soldato
The OEM E8600 will be £185
The Retail E8600 will be £215

How do you come to get such a price difference? OEM & retail are normally pretty close on price its only when grey OEM stock starts to come through that you see a price difference.

Permabanned
How do you come to get such a price difference? OEM & retail are normally pretty close on price its only when grey OEM stock starts to come through that you see a price difference.

Just going by what other places have

OCUK now cheaper than most other places for the E8600 retail.

Is the Q9650 going to be on the E0 stepping also?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes

It will be more expensive untill the old stepping is sold out.

That depends where you shop, most places wont sell a processor by revision. normally you get what your given. The G0 made some retailer bend over backward for some customers and some even tried to make cash by charging more but at the end of the day you can always find one at the right price somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom