[Rant]GRR Citylink

Soldato
My last delivery by the City Link got delivered when it was suppose to! I actually rang at like 8 in the morning to tell them to just hold the package in the warehouse but they said it was already on the van, so I got a bit angry thinking I was going to have to pick it up after 6. 10 minutes later my buzzer rings and it's a man from City Link!

Well I've another order due tomorrow if I get this one as well than that means it's a new driver doing deliveries in my area.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
where is the depot now in Bristol?
Barton Hill closed now is it ?
Where's the depot now then ?
Btw i have to drive from W-s-M, done this a couple of times so far. Always hated going to Barton Hill (dodgy area),
I must say i've only had a couple of probs over the years with City Link, on the whole they've been pretty good.

Cribbs Causeway, by the Mall :mad:

Man of Honour
A similar thing happened to me the other day. I ordered some RAM and had it delivered by Royal Mail. Instead of knocking the door, I got a note through the letter box telling me my package had been left under my doormat. Great, let's stick delicate electronic components under a doormat to get crushed when someone walks on it. Because that's a sensible thing to do.

:mad::mad::mad:

In fairness how were they to know that it was a delicate electronic component unless it was labelled as such? And if it was then that might well have increased the risk of theft.

City Link generally aren't too bad round here although there are some odd decisions made about which depot to delivery from on occasion. We had a depot in Dundee, easy to reach and usually quite helpful but for my most recent order (a mobile phone) they inexplicably decided that a depot in Glenrothes was a better option and that is a good half hours drive away even if you both know where you are going and the traffic is fair. I'm guessing they must have closed the local branch though as it no longer appears on the City Link website - numpties, Dundee is much bigger than Glenrothes or Kirkcaldy.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i wouldnt want my stuff left in the bin

dont want bin juice all over my gear

thats why i make the effort to drive to ocuk and pick up [it is only round the corner]

Soldato
If they left my stuff in a bin id just claim i never got it. Citylink would end up paying for it in the end and if everyone did that then maybe just MAYBE they would train the drivers not to be morons.

As for my city link stuff i always get it in the evening from a guy in an estate car? maybe he does work in the evening or he is sub contracted or something :confused:

Permabanned
my parcels arrived today,thermal paste and new HDD,citylink driver knocked on my door,i could'nt get the door open so he opened my parcel and posted straight through the letterbox and smack onto the tiled floor,Was Not Impressed..

Associate
my parcels arrived today,thermal paste and new HDD,citylink driver knocked on my door,i could'nt get the door open so he opened my parcel and posted straight through the letterbox and smack onto the tiled floor,Was Not Impressed..

Aaah you have a non-opening door, you'd have thought they'd have procedures in place to deal with that.
tut
:rolleyes:

Associate
My parcels have always been at my back door and we are up at six in the morning. Nice to get the early delivery but I'm glad I have no diddie coys around my area.

Caporegime
I dont care what people say, CityLink, Royal Mail, and probubly most other delivery drivers do the "cant be bothered with ringing, just post a card" method. I have sat in my living room and watched both a Royal Mail postman and a CityLink driver get out of a van with just a card, walk to my door, post it and leave. At times I doubt they even have the package with them.

Associate
my fav is when city link were ment to delivr me somthing i waited in there was no knock at door there was no card . i tracked package online t hey had it soo i rang them. and there driver said he couldnt deliver due to road works blocking my road. funny they must have been ver short term roadworks as never noticed them that day or any day that week.

Man of Honour
If they don't know what's in the package, they should assume it's delicate, surely?

Ah, I see where you've gone wrong. You've assumed that common sense comes into play here.

It would be nice to think that every package would be treated with care but frequently delicate packages are labelled thus and therefore if one isn't then it might be assumed not to be.

int

int

Soldato
I've just been "carded" again, despite being in the house all day and receiving no card through my door. This is an absolute joke :/

3rd time lucky.

Back
Top Bottom