dragons den , pc guy owned

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00cwf18/
skip 32minutes into the video
i thought this was rather funny some guy trying to get the dragons to back his energy efficient pc company but he gets owned by peter jones :D

i dont have a clue what peter jones was actually talking about half the time but he seemed to have far more knowledge than the other guy lol

Soldato
roooofl I seen this haha

Guy said his new PC was the way forward in the market, but yet he was using off the shelfs products, but reducing the power in the bios rofl and selling it at £50 more than if you was to buy a normal PC.

He got slaughtered by Peter Jones..

Soldato
I did think the guy had thought that he had thought of an amazing new idea but it was really a rehashing of an old thin-client / server idea.

Was a bit surprised at Peter Jones, was more knowledgable that I thought he would be on IT situations.

Really though I would have picked the thin-clients Peter Jones was on about rather than the "Green" PC thing - it's not really green as there are hazardous chemicals in the PCBs etc.

Rich

Associate
I watched it and while I partly agree with Peter Jones he seemed to miss some of the point, while he was on about dumb terminals using less power I'd have pointed out many companies don't go down that route (for various reasons) and in those situations the PCs the guy was selling would have been more efficient power wise, which is still a significant amount of the market. Sadly the guy used a poor example of the server and the applications.

I did however get alarmed at the price the guy quoted for a monitor off the self, something like £300 was his reply for a normal monitor if I remember!

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00cwf18/
skip 32minutes into the video
i thought this was rather funny some guy trying to get the dragons to back his energy efficient pc company but he gets owned by peter jones :D

i dont have a clue what peter jones was actually talking about half the time but he seemed to have far more knowledge than the other guy lol

must have bin embarrassing lol

Back
Top Bottom