p5k-e wifi wont post

Suspended
i got it on RMA for an asus p5w dh deluxe (which i wasnt happy with cause the p5k only has 8x + 4x in crossfire) but when i put everything back into the mobo it just turns on for like 2/3 seconds then powers off and just keeps restarting this, the ram gfx card etc all works in another computer, only the cpu hasnt been tested, when you power on the mobo without the cpu in everything stays on, but with it in it does the on for 2/3 seconds then restarts and keeps doing this till you turn it off,

TIA

Foxor-

Suspended
OP
nah there all on low rpm i think but for an instant there on, a bit of googling and that came up with other people having the same issue and it being called "powercycle" or somthing

think the boards dead?? my psu is a seasonic 600watt it must be enough?

Suspended
OP
What spec is the RAM?
Are you 100% it is compatible with your Motherboard?
And Yes, the PSU is enough.

my ram is corsair XMS2 C4 2x1gb's i thought this could be the problem but i check corsair website and it says there fine

my cpu is a e6600 if that means anything?

Associate
Sorry, right.
You can't even get into the BIOS then.
Looking like it could be the CPU at this stage, have you got a spare you could try in that MB, or try the E6600 in another MB?

EDIT : You said with out the CPU in, the system will stay on, but you must be only hearing Error beeps as it won't POST without a CPU. Confirm this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom