Are flying ants attracted to waxed silver cars?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone else noticed that these flying ant like insects walking on their car bodywork? I use SRP and EGP and never noticed it on my old car but only on this one.

These things:

DSC00431.JPG

They only seem to do it in the afternoon of a hot day too so I'm guessing the hot weather softens out the SRP/EGP layers and the flying ants like those?

Associate
I think they are

One evening me and some mates drove to a playing field and parked our cars up

upon returning, both the silver cars had *loads* of bugs flying over them and none of the other cars did. bizarre

Last edited:
Associate
It must be a silver thing. I never polish mine, yet on a warm day, my car can be covered in flies, but not a single one on the red car next to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
flies seem to be attracted to my white car after washing it, which is a pain when I come to drying it and end up with a fly massacre

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It's worse on the coupe because depending on how many are on the roof you have to quickly get into the car hoping none of them fall into the cabin :/

I can see this becoming the next pet hate for silver cars like how people with black cars worry about visible swirls in daylight!

Soldato
I honestly never get this. I do find a lot of flies welded to the front bumper but I think that happens on most car its just you can see them better on silver.

MMD

MMD

Associate
I can't believe there is a thread about this. Today it happened to me for the first time! Only had the car since monday (320 coupe - silver of course!), and today it was covered in them.

So strange.

edit: also, family Ka (silver also).. parked right next to mine, not one flying ant on it.. but maybe 100/150 on mine?

MMD

MMD

Associate
No idea what so ever. My car looks like it hasn't been waxed/washed for quite a while so i'm stumped.

Associate
I think all flies, moths etc... are attracted to car wax on any coloured car. The past few cars of mine, after a wax and then left overnight there are loads stuck / dead on my roof? its weird and slightly annoying :confused:

Back
Top Bottom