Travelling to Turkey

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
You have to pay to enter Turkey ?

Shouldn't it be the other way.

I rented a villa in Kalkan earlier in the year and the area is literally text book paradise. Beautiful isnt even the word. Expensive as hell, but it blew me away.

Soldato
Cheers for your help guys, seems bizzare it's not just included in the price of the holiday tho.

Because its nothing to do with the holiday companies or the airline, its a charge that the immigration office has put in place, and there would be too much faffing about at the airport with who had paid who etc etc, so you just have to remember to take a tenner each with you on the plane.

Associate
Must be a CRISP unfolded £10 english note I believe!

My GF was there 3 weeks ago!

Load of rubbish, as long the note is NOT cut they will accept it.

The fee is 10 sterling pounds, it can be 2 x fivers or 1 x ten pound note. If you are a couple for example giving them a twenty pounds note is OK.

Last edited:
Soldato
Myself and my now ex boyfriend had to both hand over a tenner when we went, we were specifically told it could not be a £20 note for the two of us.
Unless theyve changed it in the last 5 years.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
We handed over a £20 and had no problems. Don't know where people get the idea that it has to be a brand new £10 note.

Yeah i think this is a myth, i heard it before i went too, however when we got our visa's the "cashier" had a massive pile of all sorts.

Back
Top Bottom