Got a PS3 now need a TV

Man of Honour
I know this gets asked all the time but I need the advice.

I need some serious help on TV's my current tele is a 14" tv/vcr combi but I need a HD tele to go with my PS3. The budget is £350 max and it cant be over 32" in size; What should I be looking for? any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Man of Honour
OP
I got my PS3 from hong kong, because i wanted a white one. Have been doing some research myself and yes it seems that 1080p is hard to do below £500; i only have a small house currently that is the reason for no more than 32" but from looking around i have found a pretty good looking 24" tv a samsung T240HD it has all i need it would seem plus is 1080p. I am going to go an see one in town today
featurein4.png

Soldato
I need some serious help on TV's my current tele is a 14" tv/vcr combi but I need a HD tele to go with my PS3. The budget is £350 max and it cant be over 32" in size; What should I be looking for? any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Toshiba Regza AV 32" can be had for £340 if you search around. Should be exactly what you're looking for.

Having a 24" TV with 1080p seems a little pointless to me.

This. Madness to sacrifice that much screen size just to have 1080p. I doubt you'd even notice the difference between it and 720p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless you're about 2' from the screen

2inches is a long way, I think more 2cm is needed ;)

Anyway, £350 is not a massive budget, can yo unot get any more funds at all ? A 32inch tv at 10ft will look like watching it on an ipod, it would be worth saving for a 37 at least.

Soldato
2inches is a long way, I think more 2cm is needed ;)

Anyway, £350 is not a massive budget, can yo unot get any more funds at all ? A 32inch tv at 10ft will look like watching it on an ipod, it would be worth saving for a 37 at least.

The OP says no bigger than 32".

Permabanned
But if the viewing distance is great 32" is too small. And he's looking at 24 :-/ so unless his room is a kids box room, then he needs to buy a bigger TV.

Soldato
But if the viewing distance is great 32" is too small. And he's looking at 24 :-/ so unless his room is a kids box room, then he needs to buy a bigger TV.

He said he has a small house and that that's the reason why it can't be larger than 32". There's no reason to assume he's going to have long viewing distances.

I sit 3 meteres from my 32". My living room isn't a kids box either.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
As said my current TV is 14" anything will be an improvement, I am not going to be more than 3metres from the screen where it will be going. We dont watch much tele so that is the reason for the small budget but as we now have a PS3 we want to be able to use it properly. I have been in a few high street stores today and it seems the smallest descent size is 26".

My knowledge on HD is limited but i was looking for 1080 because that is what the PS3 is; logical thought im sure? so if I wont be able to tell the difference between a 1080 or 720 what will the significant difference be on them? and should i scrap the idea of 1080 on my budget? and just go for what is called a HD ready TV?

And finally if I forget about 1080 will my budget stretch further?

Been some good replies so far thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
My knowledge on HD is limited but i was looking for 1080 because that is what the PS3 is; logical thought im sure? so if I wont be able to tell the difference between a 1080 or 720 what will the significant difference be on them? and should i scrap the idea of 1080 on my budget? and just go for what is called a HD ready TV?

And finally if I forget about 1080 will my budget stretch further?

I'm of the opinion that you should scrap the idea of geting 1080p as you're budget will indeed stretch further in terms of screen size.

I think you're best bet is the Toshiba Regza AV 32" as it's well within budget and you're sticking to a known brand.

Whatever you do don't go for a lesser known brand, you'd only end up regretting it if you have to do anything with the warranty.

Man of Honour
OP
Still haven't found a definite yes yet! been to a few shops to look at different models but there are so many to choose from by each brand they don't make it easy do they, but am leaning towards a samsung LE32A436T or Samsung LE32A456C (LE32A457C1DXXU) at present. Any opinions on these?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom