National Left Hander's Day - how many do we have?

Soldato
Me!
Im left handed. Only things I have to do is try and slow down my handwriting speed or I smudge things, and I had to buy a vegetable peeler like a razor, I cant use the ones shaped like a knife to save my life.

I can however hold a pen and write with my toes.

I actually eat right handed (due to my mum trying to "correct" me all the time when I was a child) and I type txt messages much faster with my right hand - again I suspect for the same reason as my eating.

Oh and my job would be a bit harder if I wasnt left handed because the child I look after communicates by using his right hand so I support him using my right hand which means my left hand is then free to write down what he's saying in his books at school.
:)

Soldato
I'm left handed and ginger, therefore I > you.

Thing is, I only write and play snooker left handed, everything else I do right handed. I'm also right footed.

Just don't ask me to use a tin opener.

Soldato
tbh, I've gotta disagree buddy, because there has been a fair bit of research done in this field, and it is pottentially quite intresting. Although people telling each other what they do with each hand is rather dull i agree.

Well i want to hear stories or persecution of lefties... Not that people can use their left hand for stirring tea (although thats amazing)

Soldato
Mixed handed here (note: not ambidextrous, that's a totally different thing and very rare).

I write, hold drinks and knives and shoot guns left handed (and in the past, I held cigarettes in my left hand) but almost everything else is done right handed. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

I am fairly comfortable with a pool cue and a set of darts in either hand, though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I find that I'm right armed, and left fingered.

by that i mean, things that require precision and fingertip controll im better with my left hand, and things which require strength im better with my right hand.

Back
Top Bottom