Shall i take the Plunge? (i-VTec)

Associate
Hi guys!
Just a quick post from Munich, noticed all the referral traffic on my blog!
I'd like to say that I'm really enjoying my trip despite some setbacks and despite what some naysayers here say I really don't regret any of the decisions I've had so much flak for.

My advice to the chap earlier who's receiving the same advice I had is...
Make your own decision, weigh up the pros and cons, decide whether it's money you can afford to spend, and if it's a risk you're willing to take, and if it is, then do it.

Just whatever you do, don't make the decision based solely on someone elses opinion and end up regretting it!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Man of Honour
I really don't regret any of the decisions I've had so much flak for.

If you dont regret TPFT insuring a £13k car and then writing it off and you don't regret not theft insuring a bike and then having it stolen then really you are doomed to make yet more idiotic mistakes throughout the course of your life, quite frankly.

Soldato
Don't do it. It may seem really cool have have a Civic Type-R at your age, but if its £2000 Thirt party fire and theft, then fully comp is either much more or you just can't get it.

I resented paying £900 for insurance on my DC2 last month, and I'm 23!

Buy something thats still pokey but much friendlier to a younger driver, just think if you still like the civic in a few years, it will be even cheaper still!

Man of Honour
Aren't all cars slow if you don't drive them fast?

Of course but cars where the power kicks in above 6000rpm are for a certain type of driver - a driver who enjoys unleashing the hooligan in himself on a regular basis.

Therefore this would make a Type R a pretty crap car for someone who doesn't like driving like that.

Back
Top Bottom