• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which OcUK 4850?

Associate
OP
I just got a Gecube Ati 4850 for a m8 for £108 inc delivery, dunno what Gecube are like never owned one but I am guessing the cards are all the same just with different stickers on them.

I've got a 10% voucher so the Powercolor and Gainward will cost me less than £108 and I'll get free delivery too once my post count rises a bit more.

Free copy of Grid too! :D

Soldato
Personally I am waiting to hear more about the HIS iceq 4 card as most of the reviews for the basic card say it is noisy.

Also the Iceq is a turbo card which is pre-overclocked.

It is due on on Friday.

Anyone seen any reviews?

Soldato
Just avoid HIS they have the worst technical support.

The Iceq only has a year which is with OCUK anyway so I wouldn't have thought that would matter.

@ Jiffy, no need to read Turkish to look at the pics! I am pretty sure that I will get one of these unless the reviews say there is no point over the standard cards.

Soldato
I am lazy though, if someone else will change the cooler and overclock it a bit for me for a few quid I will pay!

I also don't like the idea of swapping coolers and warranties etc.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I got a replacement cooler for my Radeon 9800 PRo but never got round to fitting it. And then the fan in my Radeon 9800 pro died taking the card with it. :mad:

Soldato
After scouring the internet again for a review of the Iceq I thought I had one, but it turned out to be someone 'reviewing' the card on the product page of OCUK. I hate it when people 'review' things on sites such as this before they are released and base their 'review' on nothing at all.

Associate
OP
Lol, what's worse is when magazines do just the same! I've seen more than a few magazines 'reviews' where the guys just read the tech specs and has never even set eyes on what it is he's 'reviewing'!

Associate
OP
Yeah, I'm gonna be running at 1920x1200 so I'm not expecting to run games at full settings. Mind you, I've got quite a few old games I'd like to play again, like Colin <cCrae rally. That should be easy peasy for the card.

Back
Top Bottom