M1 specs cameras - J30 -31 northbound

Permabanned
All,
Just been to Leeds today and I noticed some specs cameras, I believe there were three of them, with cameras mounted on them. They were in the 70 zone not in any current road work section and no signs were up noting they were there, or that they were 'live'.

I did 68ish past them then sped up, did slightly more going past them southbound though.

2 questions please.

1, are they live, has anyone else noted them?

2, I assume they can not get you going southbound (as they're on the oppersite side of the motorway...)

Just a bit of a heads up :)

Cheers,

J

Associate
They're not live mate, IIRC just the poles are up without cameras at the moment. I went from Jct 35 to 21 Friday evening; only things I watch for are the ones between 28 and 25. Also noticed an increased traffic police and highway officer presence over the past few weeks :)

Soldato
yep, it just says she was doing 60 in a temporary speed zone due to roadworks/contruction.

I didn't believe it at first, but I've seen the Notice of Intended Prosecution.

So sloooow down through that stretch.

Caporegime
yep, it just says she was doing 60 in a temporary speed zone due to roadworks/contruction.

I didn't believe it at first, but I've seen the Notice of Intended Prosecution.

So sloooow down through that stretch.

thats further down

the road works are through J25-J28

she will have got her ticket there. There arent speed cameras around J31.

Associate
There are cameras at J31-ish northbound and have been for two or three weeks. There were roadworks with only one lane open on Monday night and the cameras were definitely still there on Wednesday afternoon when I came back down. Haven't been up there the last couple of days though so they may have been removed now.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
As above there are some specs cameras not far from woodall services northbound. I was travelling southbound so didn't get a great look but I couldn't see any speed limit/camera signs?

Soldato
The only speed cameras between 30-31 was when they were doing the work on the motorway, they were average speed cameras for ebforcing the 60mph limit. Not there now though, the work has all been done. Drove up yesterday and didn't see any, I joined at 28 (Derby) and left at 33 (Sheffield).

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I've just seen them today mate.

Exactly like these.

pic1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom