Car Maintanance?

Associate
Ok you know sometimes you abuse your pc, dont defrag for ages, dont run antivirus, install crap and generally keep your files very messy.

Then now and again you have a maintance hour or day when you do all the things you can to make it perfect again. Run antivirus, install different firewall, run C Cleaner or even format...

Well whats the equivalent for my car? What should i be doing now and again? I feel i have abused my car the last few months, over reving and screatching tyres round corners etc.

How/what do i do to give it a bit of well earned love and maintanance?

Soldato
The equivalent is basically to have a poke around and make sure everything is as it should be.

You should really be already having it serviced according to the manual, there isn't a huge need to service it inbetween unless you're tracking it a lot - in which case you'd probably know all this already ;)

Associate
Depending on the car most dealer services are little more than oil and filter change, give everything the once over (pads/shoes/coolant/fluid levels) and check the fault log. Plugs last for miles nowadays and brake/clutch fluid done at set intervals depending on mileage and time.

Hand book should give you all the info on service recommendations. Don't skimp if the cam belt needs changing though as if that fails it could mean a new engine.

Permabanned
Just take it for a service a little earlier than usual.

Yeah I already have a tendency to "over service". Partly OCD, partly peace of mind, partly keeping the ease of sale factor, and also resale value up :)

I check oil levels, and all fluid levels on a weekly basis through sheer paranoia.

Serviced 4 months ago, and no oil top ups required which is a shock, considering the last motor needed it every few weeks ;)

Soldato
The equivalent would be checking tyre pressures, oil and other fluid levels really, unless it needs a service, in which case give it one, but there's no point in changing things for the sake of it on modern engines

Back
Top Bottom