Newcastle

Associate
What is there to do in newcastle? Going down on monday and need to find something to fill the day. Was thinking of going to the metrocentre...are there any drinking establishments in the metrocentre?

any other suggestions welcomed.

cheers
Kieran

Una

Una

Associate
What is there to do in newcastle? Going down on monday and need to find something to fill the day. Was thinking of going to the metrocentre...are there any drinking establishments in the metrocentre?

any other suggestions welcomed.

cheers
Kieran

I really wouldn't bother with the metrocenter. Eldon square / city center has most shops you will ever need and there is a better selection of drinking establishments / eateries.

Soldato
just loiter around the quayside drinking brown ale . or cross the bridge over to the darkside and go in the baltic and that other fancy place that ive somehow forgotten

as for the bad comments well newcastles probably the friendliest place ive been in this country

Associate
newcastle is so misunderstood, yes if you go to the bigg market on a saturday and you have hair, you will be killed :p
but in the daytime its the friendliest city iv visited or lived in.
i feel much safer in newcastle than other cities.

just to echo whats already been said if your just up for a day just hang around eldon square, you can play the game of trying not to get lost in it, i got lost for like the first week after moving to newcastle. or if its sunny and you fancy a relaxed upmarket-ish drink outside then jesmond has plenty of lovely bars and restaurants on osbourne road. you can get there with a short metro trip or a taxi from city centre. or walk 20mins if you want.

Associate
Your going to killed in newcastle? =S Just mention keegan and those muppets will love you. The gate isnt bad if you want to have afew beverages/food. Just remember theres a thin line between ambition and delusion...

its called the tyne ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Newcastle is my favourite city in the UK; I absolutley love it there. Yes, you have the metro centre in Gateshead which is the biggest shopping centre in Europe and you won't cover it in a day, you have eldon square in the city centre plus the huge array of other shops there.

The Quayside is a great place to go and chill out, theres some nice restraunts on the cobbled road which leads down to the Quayside, I especially recommend Uno's; beutiful pizzas which are on offer during daytime of weekdays. There's also a mongolian restaurant.

Visit the Baltic flour mill on the Quayside, its a museum thats free and offers some good views of the tyne bridge on the viewing deck. Oh, and if you can, try stay the night and go out, bring a few mates up, brill nightlife! The cafe there is also awesome, proper nice organic stuff thats a bit costly but tastes delicious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom