How do you feel if you were racially abused?

Soldato
I'm white, so can't be racially abused though I've had run-ins with idiots before. Just have to be better than them and ignore their ignorance.

Try moving to a different country. I'm white and have had a fair bit of racist/ xenophobic comments screamed at me, including being spat on (Korea). It's not that nice really.

Soldato
Try moving to a different country. I'm white and have had a fair bit of racist/ xenophobic comments screamed at me (Korea). It's not that nice really.

Yeah...a bloke at my school once got called skimmed milk...cos he called the black guy chocolate drop (aged 8 argument) oh how i laughed at the class come back from the black guy.

Man of Honour
Is that what passes for racism nowadays?

Thats nothing tbh, Ive suffered far worse, being chased by stick wielding thugs shouting abuse is bordering on racism, having the **** kicked out of you by a bunch of skinheads, now thats racism, that was the norm for people of my parent generation.

Of all the things I expected to see in a thread about racism I think "back when I were a lad" was close to the last in the list. :D

Because only white people can be racist.

It's a proven fact.

Don't encourage it, you know that saying is a load of mince.

Permabanned
Of all the things I expected to see in a thread about racism I think "back when I were a lad" was close to the last in the list. :D

Don't encourage it, you know that saying is a load of mince.

What ever happened to good old fashioned British racism, godamn PC nonsense has even watered down our racism:mad::D

You know what I mean tho, people (minorities) harp on about racism in this day and age, and tbh, much of what is complained about (or publicised I guess) is absolutely nothing compared to what went on 20-30 years ago.

Soldato
couple of years back I got chased from the bus stop by young guys with samurai swords who where shouting at me calling the racist word for a black man, im white for god sake !! They still kept chasing me though thank god my m8 was waiting with the car. bunch of morons they are, try not to let it get to you.

Associate
couple of years back I got chased from the bus stop by young guys with samurai swords who where shouting at me calling the racist word for a black man, im white for god sake !! They still kept chasing me though thank god my m8 was waiting with the car. bunch of morons they are, try not to let it get to you.

What? :confused:

Soldato
If people want to be racist then let them. Words never did anyone any harm. I've been the subject of racism along with many other things before and I am not phased by it in the slightest.

Words can do a lot of harm. And what do you do when it escalates into violence? "It's okay, never done anyone harm." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Permabanned
People around here, myself included, regularly get racial insults hurled at them. The difference is, it's whilst walking through Shelton and the scum shouting it are young Pakistani youths. What's even more shocking is that when they're informed the police refuse to take any action because, and these are their words, "We can't actually arrest them as we don't want to cause a riot"!

Soldato
Im half Chinese/half English and only ever had someone say anything to me personally once and that was some crazy old bugger in WH Smiths. He was just stood staring at me like I was scum so I asked him what his problem was and he started going off on one - "I lost my father to you people!". I assume he thought I was Japanese, probably didnt help that I was carrying a Jap car mag :)

Outside of that i've not really come across it, to be honest I always forget that I even look slightly oriental, I just see myself as English, born and bred here so I dont really think about it. You get idiots everywhere though, they cant think of anything else to say so just pick out the most obvious feature to use as an 'insult'.

Man of Honour
I would care the same about being racially abused as I would if I was abused in any other way. I don't see the big deal*. Infact I might care less - racial abuse is far less personal and far more generalised than calling a fat kid a fatty or something.

*Between different forms of abuse, obviously. I'm not saying I support it, far from it, but I dislike all forms of abuse equally rather than take the opinion that some abuse is fine yet racial abuse is the worst thing ever omg etc.

Permabanned
People around here, myself included, regularly get racial insults hurled at them. The difference is, it's whilst walking through Shelton and the scum shouting it are young Pakistani youths. What's even more shocking is that when they're informed the police refuse to take any action because, and these are their words, "We can't actually arrest them as we don't want to cause a riot"!

I live in Shelton and never have any problems at all to be honest. I guess you're just getting unlucky.

And I really can't believe that the police said that tbh. Why would there ever be riots because one of them got arrested? Shelton does have a lot of Muslims but it's hardly a violent place.

Back
Top Bottom