Spare a pound!

Soldato
Dear all,

I was hoping i could be a little cheeky, and ask you if you'd sponsor me - even if it's just £1.

I live on Tresco in the Isles of Scilly, and one of the little girls here has Cystic Fibrosis. We hold an annual marathon (same day as London) in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, which has been going for 9 years and raised an incredible £500,000 so far.

I've been heavily involved with all of them, with the pre-planning and organisation and day-to-day runnings. All had incredible support so far, and working 3am-3am on the day is nothing when you see the 130 runners succesfully finishing with support from a huge crowd!

As I think i'd keel over if i attempted the marathon, i wanted to do something this year as my little bit. Hence the skydive.

I'm scared of heights, and thought going up to 12-14,000ft would be a good test of my dedication to the cause!

The charity does awesome work -
  • Fund medical and scientific research to develop a cure and provide effective treatments for Cystic Fibrosis.
  • Ensure appropriate clinical care for those with Cystic Fibrosis.
  • Provide information, advice, support and, where appropriate, financial assistance to anyone affected by Cystic Fibrosis.

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is the UK's most common life-threatening inherited disease. If you are born with CF, then your average age expectancy is only 31 years. We are trying to raise as much money as possible to continue with the research into a possible cure (through gene therapy)

http://www.justgiving.com/drucey

Even if it's a pound, i'd appreciate it hugely.
If you donate a fiver (in this world, what's a fiver?) You get your name on the DVD.

Thank you!

Soldato
OP
Awesome, thank you so much

Cheque made payable to Cystic Fibrosis Trust, or bank transfer to me and i'll add you do the Just Giving list (and get the tax back!)

Permabanned
Tresco i would email gilly to see if he is willing to lend support or at least point you in the right direction as he is very active in regards to supporting charitable donations through OcUK.

Soldato
My best friend has cystic fibrosis, everyday he caughs his ******** off, and sometimes to the point he is sick. He says he is lucky as a lot of people who are on his ward(he has to go hospital from time to time if his lungs are really bad) who have died, even people in their teens.

I'll be sure to donate some money shortly.

Soldato
OP
It's a horrible, horrible disease - heartbreaking really, a family whom i'm good friends with (and who's daughter has it) make the most of every second with her, knowing the average life expectancy is so low

Thank you all so much, i really appreciate it, will get all your names on the film of it

Soldato
OP
Yeah, all getting filmed! Anyone who donates, i'll be more than happy to copy the DVD and post on youtube or something

Ever seen a grown man cry?

Associate
I have been involved in a CFT event before. A cause close to my heart.

donated.

good luck with it!!!!! and I want to see the youtube clip when you are done...brown stains and all! :)

Soldato
We did cystic fibrosis as a case study in A level biology and it really is a horrible disease, stupid defective ion channels :mad:

The mucus not only builds up in the lungs but can also build up in the intestines aswell, lining the walls and practically starving a sufferer as they can't absorb any nutrients from food.

I would donate a fiver but I'm currently broke :( Will do as soon as I get some monies!

Soldato
OP
Fantastic, thank you!
I know the gene therapy research is showing signs of serious progress, every little bit helps towards getting rid of this horrible disease.

Keep them coming, you'll sleep very well tonight in the thought that you're helping those much less fortunate than yourselves!

Back
Top Bottom