5dmkII

Soldato
OP
It's all just blind speculation at the minute and I don't think anyone is any closer to knowing the spec than they were 12 months ago.

I still believe that there are going to be 2 new FF bodies, maybe not both at photokina but certainly in the enxt 6 months, a 6/7/5DII and a 3D.

The only two things that we can be certain of are that they're going to be full frame and they are going to have more than 12MP.

yeah its all guess work but a lot of it by people in the know

I would think the sensor will definitely have more than 12mp and probably more than the 15mp of the 50d

I`m hoping that the sensor/software has the pixel binning tech to get excellent noise control at high iso albeit at the cost of resolution- not a problem if you dont intend to use them for huge prints

its certainly an exciting time for photographers with so much competition going on :)

Associate
How much was the 5D when it was originally released? £2300?

One can only hope they release the Mark II in a similar price bracket to the D700, which you can pick up for between £1500/1600 if you know where to shop.

Soldato
OP
How much was the 5D when it was originally released? £2300?

One can only hope they release the Mark II in a similar price bracket to the D700, which you can pick up for between £1500/1600 if you know where to shop.

I hope so to

the price would have to be quite competitive unless the specs totally blow Nikon out the water, I really hope Canon dont price themselve out of the market

olv

olv

Soldato
This is why I think that there will be two new cameras. 1 to compete with the D700 at a lower price point and 1 as a more flagship model to blow the D700 out of the way. And I agree that the latter will not have an RRP of under £2000. The release price of the D700 was £2k afterall.

However, if Canon price up the top model at ~£2300 then it better have the 1D AF because you pick up a 1D III for that now and they can't afford to give the 3D poor AF.

Soldato
OP
according to a few sites Canon has called a metting on the 17th Septemeber to make a some product announcements

finally we will be able to put to rest all the rumours and find out who got it right and who was miles away :D

Soldato
OP
woohoo! its finally here

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=111

New 21.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (E.I.C.S.)
New Full HD 1080 resolution movie recording
3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
High performance DIGIC 4 providing superb image quality
Maximum 310 large JPEG images in a single burst with a UDMA card
3.0” VGA (920k dots) Clear View LCD
ISO 100-6400 (expansion from 50 up to 25,600)
9 AF points + 6 Assist AF points

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom