Change Train Time

Soldato
You may get away with it - I once got on an earlier train than booked because of a meeting finishing early, and the bloke at the station said it would be OK. Though I didn't get my ticket checked on the way home so there's no telling if it actually is OK or not :p

Man of Honour
This question cannot be answered without knowing what ticket type you have.

What type of ticket is it? If it is a standard Saver return with an optional reservation you can use any train. If its a Virgin Value ticket then you will find it very difficult to change - the reduced flexibility is one of the reasons they are so cheap.

Soldato
OP
Just got off the phone from Virgin. If I want to get on an earlier train, I have to cancel a ticket and then buy a single ticket again at the price of £80.

I need to get the 19:03 from Euston to Wolverhampton really.

Any idea's how I can get this train without paying silly prices?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Ridiculous isn't it.

Will virgin let me cancel my train on the return leg and give me a refund or will they just cancel all of my tickets?

I've found a train on the way back for £16.

Soldato
Just got off the phone from Virgin. If I want to get on an earlier train, I have to cancel a ticket and then buy a single ticket again at the price of £80.

I need to get the 19:03 from Euston to Wolverhampton really.

Any idea's how I can get this train without paying silly prices?

Thanks.

Get on, and avoid the ticket conductors. Hide in the bogs when they come to check :p

Man of Honour
Ridiculous isn't it.

No, not really. You are offered heavily discounted tickets in return for accepting no flexibility in terms of travel times. If you wish to have flexibility in terms of your travel plans you don't buy these tickets, you buy conventional tickets.

You can't have your cake AND eat it :p

Back
Top Bottom