Where can i find a list of PAL Blueray movies that are region free?

Permabanned
I basically plan on getting a NTSC PS3 that has backwards compatibility. I want to rent blueray movies from Lovefilm but want to know before renting them if the PAL title is region free that way if yes then I can be sure it will work on the NTSC PS3.

So anyone know where to look

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Bare in mind that the backwards compatibility of the console is ALSO NTSC locked, this is what stopped me getting the bargain MGS4 80gb bundle.

Your PS2/1 games will also need to be NTSC.

Permabanned
OP
i know am fine about that, i only plan on buying the NTSC version of metal gear solid essentials collection.

So you know about the movie question i posted?

Permabanned
OP
Sweet found out from that list Region B is Europe and they got a massive list of region free movies. So if those movies from the region b list is in any blueray movie rental store in the UK it would definitely work with a imported NTSC PS3 right? I want to import the 80GB MGS4 PS3 box.

thanks in advance

Permabanned
OP
Does this list guarantee you that the rented movie you go looking for after looking at that site would work on a NTSC PS3?

Anyone here that actually does what i am asking?

Soldato
I would say it is extremely likely that that list is completely accurate, though i'm not going to guarantee you anything. All the NTSC blurays i've imported that are region free on this list work in my PAL PS3.

Permabanned
OP
I maintain a list here which includes NTSC and PAL (although smaller). It's about a month out of date as my source has changed and I'm working out a way of accurately copying it.

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478825

Thanks for that link, but again this is for playing NTSC movies on a PAL PS3. I want to play PAL region free movies on a NTSC PS3. Anyone know a list of what those movies are and whether rental companies like Lovefilm will work?

Also from the above site i found this quote 'The Blu-ray formats has done away with NTSC and PAL and will work on all television sets with Composite, S-Video, Component or HDMI Inputs. Television sets with DVI inputs will also display the formats through a HDMI-DVI cable providing the Television is HDCP enabled. Please note that full 1080p is only available via HDMI. Component is limited to a max resolution of 1080i and composite and S-Video will be limited to DVD resolutions.'

I plan on hooking up a NTSC PS3 to a DVI 720p projector that accepts a 1080i signal. As i will be using HDMI to DVI cable or adapter. Will i not get full 1080p as the above quote says for full 1080p you need HDMI does that mean both ends are HDMI or is it okay for HDMI to DVI to still get full 1080p for both blueray movies and games?

Also do you know if the Sanyo PLV Z2 projector is HDCP enabled? This is the projector i have which is about five years old. Did projectors back then even have HDCP.

I hope you can answer my questions

Many thanks in advance

Edit: sorry i didn't read but that above list does have Region B titles which are PAL European territory, Does that mean that if i want to rent what's on that list then the title rented from say Lovefilm will definitely work on a NTSC PS3?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom