Best 1t harddrive on the market?

Associate
Agreed. Think I might give one a go.

I just bought the WD1001FALS. Fantastic drive. With a 5 year guarantee I dont care it was a few quid more. I can't put a price on the peace of mind that my data is as safe as possible. I'm sure the Sammy F1's are good but I was put off by a few negative comments about bad drives and motherboard compatiblities.

Deks

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Everyone always says you latch on to the negatives so another +1 for the F1's. Currently have 4 in a RAID 5 with no issues, planning on buying another 8 over the coming months to bump it up to nearly 9TB, not had a single issue yet.

Soldato
Everyone always says you latch on to the negatives so another +1 for the F1's. Currently have 4 in a RAID 5 with no issues, planning on buying another 8 over the coming months to bump it up to nearly 9TB, not had a single issue yet.

All I can say is there must be a bad batch going around. 3 failures within a month with the same problem is pretty poor. Have you run a full surface scan recently to check for bad blocks?

EStool V2.11

Associate
for performance the segate .11 series are the best i think, but for price the samsungs are great value, i have the 750, got it for 120 6 months ago, been happy ever since

Soldato
from the amount of dead F1's you see reported everywhere i wouldn't have great confidence using them in a raid NAS setup.

for that the western digital GP RE2 drives were good value awhile ago but they've since shot up in price...it's no wonder why ;)

Soldato

S_D

S_D

Associate
Is this just for data storage or for apps and OS too? If it's just the former then get the WD Green which run whisper quiet and use less power too...

Caporegime
Hows the performace compare to the old AAKS and the newer RE3s?

Thinking of whacking my 500Gb AAKS into caddy for backup but want to make sure its replacement is actually a step up. 1Tb just seems worthwhile now.

Thanks

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom