New car? ST?

Associate
Evening all,

Had my 54plate focus for about 2 years now and fancy a change. Loved the Focus ST for ages now and finally think i've found one which suits my price range and is in excellent condition. Does any one own an ST? Good reliable cars?

My insurance is around 1,000£ as i'm only 21 which is well within my threshold. Pics below;

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/SALES/677548.htm

Can anyone give me a depreciation figure for this in around a years time?

Permabanned
I picked up my 07 ST on tuesday its a wicked car, and you can pick one up quite cheap with few miles on the clock mine was around £12k with 5000 miles on it from a ford main dealer. That one in your linky is a bit overpriced.

If your 21 your gonna pay quite a bit in insurance. Im 26 with 5 years NCD and its around £550 fully comp

Associate
I've got an ST500, had it about 2/3 months and am loving it. No problems at all and very enjoyable car to drive and own. Few things worth mentioning - petrol consumption is shocking if you drive the car enthusiastically, reckon on sub 25 mpg. It really needs a remap to get the best from it - power delivery and feel is a bit 'lazy' from stock.
Second hand values are poor, good if you're after a bargain now but residuals aren't good and likely to get worse once the RS is out and there is potentially a glut of ST's on the market if people trade up.
The car you linked to is nice if you're happy to go pre-modded but you can get an 07 prefacelift ST3 car with less miles for the same money..

..oh and get yourself over to Focusstoc and registered - nice friendly forum with loads of good info.. :)

Permabanned
I was shocked at how little the insurance was for me at 21. My findings are below (iirc):

ATR - £875ish
Focus ST - £1100ish
Mondeo ST - £1047
Integra Type R DC5 - £1600
Impreza STI - £1500 (IIRC)
330ci - £1100ish

ALL of them were from Admiral.

cant believe your even considering paying that much for insurance, I cry if its over £500

Associate
Don't be silly - He is only 21 years old and trying to insure Group 17-20 cars. Its an absolute wonder anything is below £2k!!

Good quotes there for a 21 year old... Focus ST's are nice and now is a good time to pick up a bargain

Soldato
does that quote on the ST include the mods? If so, thats an amazing price!

I some what doubt it, I recently ran quotes for myself (22yrs old) but with 6 points (2x3 SP30's) and 1 years NCB on a BMW 120i and was quoted £1200.

I can see it being 2k or more on a ST for me.

I passed my test nearly 4 years ago and wish I'd got my policy in my name back then :(

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;12535574 said:
They are exceptionally good insurance quotes :confused:

good quotes for someone that age but even when I was that age I refused to pay stupid money for insurance its worth driving something in a lower group and just waiting until you have full NCD

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
good quotes for someone that age but even when I was that age I refused to pay stupid money for insurance its worth driving something in a lower group and just waiting until you have full NCD

I'd rather spend a bit more to drive around in something I liked.

Man of Honour

The only way to avoid insurance premiums like that is to drive a completely crap car or be older.

Back
Top Bottom