Crysis Warhead - Gone Gold

Associate
It just seemed that way to me as if the memory or something was not being flushed/cleared and it only does/seems to do this when you quit and restart the game.

At the "beach bar" is it on the first level i changed gfx settings and noticed my fps took a nose dive and stuttering increased while turning when i dropped settings. I quit out, restarted at the same point and it was a little higher and more stable full stop i noticed with barely any loading/stuttering pauses.

Seemed to work for me anyway touch wood.

bee

bee

Associate
its definitely harsh to compare a default game with a game you've probably been tweaking for almost a year now and have some ridiculously long autoexec file for

not got any issues with it at all myself well apart from needing a new card for high res, plays a lot smoother than the original absolutely zero stutters from first load to when i finish playing

been playing a bit of wars online, that also plays way smoother with no stuttering ,settings have different names good visuals = gamer, best visuals = enthusiast, been playing it on all good visuals with mini autoexec and getting 35-70fps averaging 50. tdm with vehicles seems a lot fun and the tdm in general seems good, definitely better than the originals multiplayer although still not something you could/will play everyday though

try this very simple tweak, make a file called autoexec.cfg in main crysis warhead dir and copy this into it

con_restricted = 0
r_useedgeaa = 2
r_texturestreaming = 0

Associate
i'm really dissapointed tbh. I get better performace in the first crysis and it looks better imo.

On the first crysis i get around 30-60 fps on high settings with shadows set to medium and motion blur off 1680 res and 16x aa

On the new one with simlair settings i get around a lot lower fps.

I decided to take 2 screenshots compareign the 2

that one is warhead

that one is crysis.

There screenshots arent of anythign special but i think crysis looks better and look at the frame rates in the crysis screenshot compared with the warhead one. Also in the warhead screenshot the aa is only set at x4

My specs are

e8600 @ 4ghz
4 gig of ram
260 gtx sli and overclocked.

Has warhead been setup for sli ? juding by the performance i am getting it hasn't, i'm getting simliar performace as i did in the first crysis when i only had 1 graphics card.

Associate
its definitely harsh to compare a default game with a game you've probably been tweaking for almost a year now and have some ridiculously long autoexec file for

not got any issues with it at all myself well apart from needing a new card for high res, plays a lot smoother than the original absolutely zero stutters from first load to when i finish playing

been playing a bit of wars online, that also plays way smoother with no stuttering ,settings have different names good visuals = gamer, best visuals = enthusiast, been playing it on all good visuals with mini autoexec and getting 35-70fps averaging 50. tdm with vehicles seems a lot fun and the tdm in general seems good, definitely better than the originals multiplayer although still not something you could/will play everyday though

try this very simple tweak, make a file called autoexec.cfg in main crysis warhead dir and copy this into it

con_restricted = 0
r_useedgeaa = 2
r_texturestreaming = 0

Yeah ta mate i forgot about those tweaks i did use to use in the original crysis, especially the texturestreaming one!!..:)

edit:sorry double post cant see the icon to delete a previous post under edit!!!.

Associate

con_restricted = 0
r_useedgeaa = 2
r_texturestreaming = 0

gonna try them see how it goes :)

Associate
Rofl @ Jason Ocampo's comments on his IGN review

"Crysis Warhead raises the bar that its predecessor established while at the same time offering better performance.The visuals remain unmatched."

This guy is such a huge Crytek fanboy it's unreal.

"I played Warhead on a high-end machine with a quad core CPU and the latest Nvidia graphics card at high resolution (1680x1050) with all the details set to Enthusiast, which is essentially very high. It looked cutting edge and the frame rate was solid. Next, I checked the game on a slightly older PC with a two-year old 8800GTS and I was still able to crank it to Enthusiast settings and the same resolution and get solid results."

Hahahahahahaha. I barely get "solid" results on gamer at that same resolution, and I have an overclocked 4870. Enthusiast is completely unplayable. This guy really gets my goat. He just comes out blatantly lying for Crytek in every single review.

"It really is a $700 machine built on the latest mainstream parts (the video card is a 9800GT), and I was able to play the final boss battle at the same resolution and at Enthusiast settings and get solid frame rates."

I guess he just considers 15fps to be "solid". I didn't play the original Crysis, so maybe my expectations of a decent frames per second hasnt been completely obliterated like everyone elses.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just tried to flank a APC by jumping up onto a rock using strength mode. I then proceeded to fall THROUGH the top of said rock and became trapped inside with the APC still shooting at me but hitting the outside of this apparently hollow, see through rock, i tried to get a screenshot but print screen didn't work... looks like crytek are up to their same old buggy tricks :p

Soldato
Just tried to flank a APC by jumping up onto a rock using strength mode. I then proceeded to fall THROUGH the top of said rock and became trapped inside with the APC still shooting at me but hitting the outside of this apparently hollow, see through rock, i tried to get a screenshot but print screen didn't work... looks like crytek are up to their same old buggy tricks :p

Buggy? I thought you said it was an APC?

Soldato
Well I've cancelled the order from "P" but what with the DRM issues, reports of bugs and poor quality graphics don't think I'll bother. Will wait for X3 next month instead.

Associate
Well I cancelled my on line pre order yesterday afternoon because it was still sat there showing as 'pre order'. Was then undecided between just popping to the shops today or Steam. But kicked off the steam download this morning before leaving for work. Was getting 1.4MBs, so baring issues it should be sat waiting for me when I get home. :)

Man of Honour
Well what I fully expected the optimizations to be were custom configs that are essentially reduced versions of crysis' high/very high, with effects lowered that your average gamer wouldn't notice/miss.

Reviews seemed to have implied the enthusiast setting runs great compared crysis' very "high setting".

Anyone playing on enthusiast? Is it playable?

Did you read my post ?

Soldato
well bitterly disappointed with theperformance tbh looking at the screen makes me feel sick , and yes the motion blur is off , ok i am trying to play 1900x1200 no aa , but even on gamer with dx9 switch on launch , it seems jerky ,ea and crytek bull again , lets hope that ubisoft , nails farcry 2

Soldato
Well, in my opinion, all the reviews i've seen talking about performance optimizations and it running on enthusiast on a 8800GT at any res above 800x600 are utter drivel. It still runs like a dog, just a slighter fitter but uglier dog.

Soldato
First the good news. DX9 mode even on enthusiast seems to be the answer for now. I can get 25-30FPS and smooth gameplay with everything max + no AA.

The screenshot below is how good it can look.

crysis2008091910412658wx4.jpg

Now the bad. As you can see below this game has terrible console like texture pop up which is very poor when you consider this is a PC exclusive and the PC hardware is so strong. Its very distracting ingame as you cannot tell in some instances if its an NPC or not hiding when you move quickly through the jungle. Some of the objects just disolve into view. If you try and run towards a wall most of the time the texture will takes a few secs to load then just pop in as you are about to move away.

crysis2008091910342542yw5.jpg

crysis2008091910355879ee4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom