Crysis Warhead - Gone Gold

bee

bee

Associate
Now the bad. As you can see below this game has terrible console like texture pop up which is very poor when you consider this is a PC exclusive and the PC hardware is so strong. Its very distracting ingame as you cannot tell in some instances if its an NPC or not hiding when you move quickly through the jungle. Some of the objects just disolve into view. If you try and run towards a wall most of the time the texture will takes a few secs to load then just pop in as you are about to move away.

r_texturestreaming = 0 completely fixes that just like in the original crysis

Soldato
More Pop Up Examples

All DX9 @ 1920x1200 no AA Enthusiast settings so looks like Crytek have just done extreme custom configs which do not include r_texturestreaming = 0 even though its supposed to be the top setting!!

crysis2008091910373810yj2.jpg

crysis2008091910374119fg4.jpg

crysis2008091910374345yp2.jpg

crysis2008091910374599zo9.jpg

crysis2008091910374855qn9.jpg

crysis2008091910374996fg9.jpg

crysis2008091910402228ek2.jpg

crysis2008091910402532vg3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a point in case anyone hadn't realized yet, the game in Vista defaults to DX10, to run it in DX9 mode right click on the launch icon and select 'Play DX9'. It looks nearly exactly the same and runs a hell of a lot better... maybe i was too quick to judge this one.

bee

bee

Associate
So whats Crysis Wars??? I know what Warhead is, and i cant wait to play it!

its the multiplayer component, comes on a seperate disc/download

Just a point in case anyone hadn't realized yet, the game in Vista defaults to DX10, to run it in DX9 mode right click on the launch icon and select 'Play DX9'. It looks nearly exactly the same and runs a hell of a lot better... maybe i was too quick to judge this one.

yep dx9 forever, dx10 is a total crock in every game i've played, to get it on the steam version right click>properties>launch options>-dx9

Soldato
Why the hell did they default it to DX10? I've just done some tinkering, it looks nearly identical in DX9 but i get double the framerate, it's gone from unplayable in enthusiast to actually... playable. I would go as far as saying it may actually be coded better than crysis (in DX9 mode :p).

Associate
What does the slider do in the advanced section,i am running everything on enthusiast except motion blur which is on gamer,i dont like motion blur.

If you change any settings make sure you exit the game or you will get textire faults.

Really enjoying the game to be honest despite the fact i dont think they have done much optimising,the explosions are awesome and there is lots of action.

I think once the config files have been played with this game will look lots better,but then i suppose it would run just like the previous crysis.

The guns all seem more accurate and powerful expecially in power mode on your suit.

The vehicles are better to drive,and do more damage..

The water looks definately better,and the sunrise on the beach bar is spectacular.

Back to the game....

Posted in the wrong thread before

Got this downloading from STEAM whilst im at work. Have been playing Crysis last night on STEAM and with my new GTX 280 i forgot how good this game was. I know people said it was a game to hate, but in my opinion i feel it was out too early... if you catch my drift?

Basically the game was delayed big time, however when it was finally released it didnt play well because there was no hardware upto it.

1920 x 1200 all high on DX10 with 4 x AA.

Shall see how DX9 runs as i can see it being better!!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Wehn I'm in a vehicle and getting fired at by a mounted gun, my screens keeps flickering completely black for like a split second as the bullets are whistling over my head. It's pretty damn annoying.

Soldato
Ok guys, i withdraw any issues i had with cryteks fixes to the engine, they HAVE got it running better even if there are a few issues. All you need to do if you are having problems is set it to DX9 mode, before i did this i couldn't even play the game in 'Gamer' settings, but now i'm playing in ENTHUSIAST!

You might not get the excitement this has given me, but maybe if i list my specs you'll see why i'm shocked:

CPU: Opteron 175 running at 2.8ghz (dual core OLD athlon CPU)
Graphics: 8800GT with core at 680, ram at stock
Memory: 4gig of pc 3200 ram, also at stock

I haven't actually measured the framerate i'm getting, but it IS playable i promise, and now the screenshots:

screenshot0003ow1.jpg

screenshot0004ew3.jpg

screenshot0005xe7.jpg

Yes, i know there's loads of aliasing, and i know the res isn't exactly fantastic (1440x900), but come on guys, give credit where credit is due. My old clapped out system can run Crysis on the highest settings with a playable framerate! (in DX9 mode :p)

Last edited:
Associate
Why the hell did they default it to DX10? I've just done some tinkering, it looks nearly identical in DX9 but i get double the framerate, it's gone from unplayable in enthusiast to actually... playable. I would go as far as saying it may actually be coded better than crysis (in DX9 mode :p).

Yep just tried it in dx9 and agree i reckon it runs a lot better and even with shaders set to enthusiast aswell its playable on my rig aswell @1680x1050

Must be at least for me a 7-8 fps difference in most areas and it does not really look hardly any different to dx10.

Back
Top Bottom