Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Spoke to a well clued up geek from Hazro earlier - they've almost fixed the snow problem. Apparently, its an issue with ATi cards and the 4850 and x1950 in particular. Nothing to do with their cabling afterall. No problems with nVidia cards apparently. Something about frequencies, EMA or EMI??, magnetic bla bla....fell asleep during our convo. Lovely chap though. Not sure if I should be posting this but anyways, he talked me through a utility called powerstrip and 2mins of tweaking later, I aint noticed a single blink!! THEYVE GONE!!!! [i never really noticed em in the first place tbh]. But, he did warn how the program can seriously mess up the monitor if you don't know the values to tweak. I'd wait for the proper instructions - not risking my £400.

p.s. Hazro's support rocks!!!

I had huge sparkling problems with my GTX260, so not only ATI imo :/

Associate
It appears on dark greyish, blueish, greenish colours. I found it was particularly noticeable on Battlefield 1942 when looking at the metal on the aircraft carriers, so that gives you some idea of the sort of colours I am talking about.

If anyone wants, I will grab a screenshot of an image on which I get sparking so they can see if they also get it.

Associate
I get the sparks on certain very dark areas of the screen (the dark areas in mrk's signature pic for example).

I've suffered the same problem on 2 different manufacturers GFX cards and there's been a wide selection of different cards mentioned in this thread so it seems plainly obvious that the cards are not the problem.

The choice of DVI cable used also seems to impact the severity of the problem.

Associate
It appears on dark greyish, blueish, greenish colours. I found it was particularly noticeable on Battlefield 1942 when looking at the metal on the aircraft carriers, so that gives you some idea of the sort of colours I am talking about.

If anyone wants, I will grab a screenshot of an image on which I get sparking so they can see if they also get it.

If its a monitor fault you wont be able to screen grab ( alt prtscrn ), you`ll need to photograph it.
If you can ( alt prtscrn ) it then the fault is happening in the graphics card.

Associate
If its a monitor fault you wont be able to screen grab ( alt prtscrn ), you`ll need to photograph it.
If you can ( alt prtscrn ) it then the fault is happening in the graphics card.

You can screen grab it. Obviously, on most monitors, it won't show the problem, but it will help the people who have the HZ24Wi but haven't seen the green sparking identify whether their monitors have the problem as when they view the image, they will see the sparking.

Associate
You can screen grab it. Obviously, on most monitors, it won't show the problem, but it will help the people who have the HZ24Wi but haven't seen the green sparking identify whether their monitors have the problem as when they view the image, they will see the sparking.

thats what Im saying. If you can screen grab ( alt prtscrn ) the sparkling then the fault is happening in the graphics card.
But youre saying a screen grab doesnt show the sparkling so the faults does lie with the monitor

Associate
My sparklies appeared on black and dark grey areas which also had white near them. The green snow was directly in line with the white areas and was very repeatable. You could drag the browser window around and the snow would follow!
I'm very familiar with powerstrip, but only when attached to an analogue display (my CRT projector), where pretty much any setting will still show a picture and you just have to keep experimenting to hit the sweetspot. I'm guessing that tfts are very specific in their timing compatibilities.
Anyway - it looks like we're getting closer to seeing our monitors again (or a new one in my case). Looking forward to seeing a lagless, responsive, standard gamut, colour accurate display again soon :)

Associate
Do any of these 'sparking' issues effect the HZ26Wi?

Also is the HZ26Wi in for repairs as well as the 24" model/will there be a version 2 of this?

I have had 2 of the HZ26Wi and have not had the green sparking issue. It does have the banding issue, now wait for the firmware upgrade which apperantly fixes this problem.

Associate
Thanks for your replies!

I'm guessing all these 'firmware updates' cannot be done be the customer themselves and need to be returned to Hazro?

Might be an ideal time to purchase this monitor around xmas/new year time like I was planning it seems :)

Associate
Thanks for your replies!

I'm guessing all these 'firmware updates' cannot be done be the customer themselves and need to be returned to Hazro?

Might be an ideal time to purchase this monitor around xmas/new year time like I was planning it seems :)

For 26Wi owners, they have to wait until the 24Wi updates are complete before Hazro will tackle the 26". Yes, the screens will have to be returned to base just like the 24s. Hopefully this will begin next week.

Associate
For 26Wi owners, they have to wait until the 24Wi updates are complete before Hazro will tackle the 26". Yes, the screens will have to be returned to base just like the 24s. Hopefully this will begin next week.

Great!

Thanks ever so much again...can't wait to get a fully fixed 26Wi...seems like the perfect monitor for me :)

Associate
ok, well out of curiosity, are people who have purchased a HZ26Wi happy with their investment? i have read about the banding and sparkling pixel issues and how hazro might drop the h-ips panel.

Man of Honour
IPS panels are expensive to make aren't they though? this could be why only a handful of brands have IPS models and why people still don't favour parting with £400+ for a 24"+ but the image quality speaks for itself.

Drop or no drop, IPS is what I've had since the Dell 2007WFP and it's what I'll continue to have until SED is out on the market.

Back
Top Bottom