Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
OP
ok, well out of curiosity, are people who have purchased a HZ26Wi happy with their investment? i have read about the banding and sparkling pixel issues and how hazro might drop the h-ips panel.

I bought one (26wi black) and I'm very happy indeed. No sparkling pixels at all (AFAIK that's only a prob with the 24" model). Backlight brightness (therefore black level) and vertical banding are really only tiny niggles when you balance them against the strengths of this monitor and it looks like even those'll be sorted in a coupla weeks time. The panel thing doesn't bother me - nothing new has even been announced, so it'll probably be a fair while before something better actually gets released.

Overall I'm still extremely satisfied with it! :D

(Detailed impressions: Page 24 of this thread)

TJM

TJM

Associate
OCUK hasn't received the 24" back from Hazro yet, so delivery will be Thursday at the earliest. No big deal - better to wait for a finely tuned product than have to RMA it.

Associate
ok, well out of curiosity, are people who have purchased a HZ26Wi happy with their investment? i have read about the banding and sparkling pixel issues and how hazro might drop the h-ips panel.

Yup very happy with my 26Wi. Only have banding issue so once that's fix it will be 'perfect'. Only minor thing is the heat that it emits. But it's getting cold now so less central heating!

Soldato
IPS panels are expensive to make aren't they though? this could be why only a handful of brands have IPS models and why people still don't favour parting with £400+ for a 24"+ but the image quality speaks for itself.

Drop or no drop, IPS is what I've had since the Dell 2007WFP and it's what I'll continue to have until SED is out on the market.

Strangely, the opposite is true, IPS panels are actually cheaper to purchase than *VA panels according to my contact at Hazro. Why this means higher prices I do not know!

Associate
When I spoke to Jez, he told me the IPS panels were around $40-50 more per panel. He said the only reason so few OEMS make them is that Apple are hoovering up 30,000 panels per month and there is comparatively little manufacturing capacity.

Has anyone heard from them today about returning their screen? Was waiting all day, but nothing :(

Associate
i take it the 24" also has touch sensitive buttons?

I'm really on the fence here, i love the design and performance, but until the issues are confirmed as 100% sorted i'm not going anywhere near them.

Associate
how do you get these sparks to appear. Do you do anything particular

I dont get any problem at all on my 8800GTX not with this 24wi ver2 or with my old 24wi ver1 or even with the very first 24w

1st Problem I had on my first HZ24Wi :

(Appeared anywhere at anytime)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlkvU56x98 (not very good quality, sorry)

2nd Problem I had with my 2nd HZ24Wi :

(Appeared only 2 times while I was opening Outlook !!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9e132f7d92568ea6d2db6fb9a8902bda

Associate
i take it the 24" also has touch sensitive buttons?

I'm really on the fence here, i love the design and performance, but until the issues are confirmed as 100% sorted i'm not going anywhere near them.

Yes, they are touch sensitive. The OSD is a little awkward to use but nothing major.

Associate
the screen itself is pretty good compared to other lcds i have used. input lag and ghosting are minimal. great viewing angles. the actual finish/materials are great!

the touch-sensitive buttons are a little tricky. a little banding/pixelation is noticeable. annoyingly. there are two dead/off pixels. one thing though, the monitor definitely requires some calibration, it is way too bright. anybody have calibrated colour settings they can share?

my previous monitor was mitsubishi diamond plus crt, so it's going to be hard to beat ;)

Associate
thanks viennese, but i couldn't see any physical values that i could input?

i just noticed on the box that model number is HZ26WBi instead of HZ26Wi? Anyone else have the same?

Man of Honour
B just means black :)

I can't give you the exact values off the top of my head but I don't think the same values for my 24" will be usable on your 26" as yours is a wide gamut.

I just finished packing my screen away though ready for FedEx to pick up tomorrow, was sad to see it off my desk, I'm using a 19" Samsung 940BW until the Hazro comes back, it's a woeful sight and resolution only marginally made better after calibrating it :(

A quick question to those who sent their Hazro for fixing, did you put anything else on the box or does the courier put the labels on there?

I'm away from Thursday onwards so i probably won't get the screen back until Friday/Saturday maybe even Monday so it's going to be a high resolutionless weekend for me!

Associate
A quick question to those who sent their Hazro for fixing, did you put anything else on the box or does the courier put the labels on there?

I didn't put any labels on mines today and asked the guy if he had labels to put on it. He stuck a little bar code on the box, that he peeled from my receipt, and said that was all they needed.

The Hazro address is on the receipt he gave me.

Associate
1st Problem I had on my first HZ24Wi :

(Appeared anywhere at anytime)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlkvU56x98 (not very good quality, sorry)

2nd Problem I had with my 2nd HZ24Wi :

(Appeared only 2 times while I was opening Outlook !!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9e132f7d92568ea6d2db6fb9a8902bda

OK, been snoopin around and av managed to combine the lecture from the Hazro dood with somethin i've read online. Apparently, the snow thing is to do with vertical refresh rates being more than what the DVI cable can manage. I came across a Apple thread at work with over 500 posts about snow effects - poor sods didn't get it fixed! Did you try that powerstrip utlity?...if you have a look at:

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

notice the screen dump titled 'Advanced timing options'. Look towards the bottom right under 'Vertical Geometry' and the values for Refresh Rate. Lowering that by clickin a few times on the down arrow totally KO's the snow thing. Thats what the dood from Hazro got me to do over the phone. I aint RMA'ing our other 24"s cus this works for me.
Can you try this and post ** results?

Associate
nando12, I have no idea if your research is correct or not :D

BUT...

When i zoomed in on a photograph that had the green snow the green dots magnified vertically in-line with the photo. So what looked like a dot at 100% magnification was actually a vertical green line at 500%.

Back
Top Bottom