Votes: 78 38.4%
  • Limited Saves

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Iron Man / Never save!

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hopefully a mod will make this a poll!

What type of save game system do you like in your games?

1: Save Anywhere / Quick Save
2: Check Points
3: Limited Saves
4: Iron Man / Never save!

Personally I by far enjoy Check Points. Being able to save when ever you want is just not as fun and not as much of a challenge! The best games I've played have used Check Points Mafia, Far Cry etc, I wish more games would use them! :)

Soldato
i like being able to save anywhere as if you just got past a really hard bit, then die before being able to save it ruins your enjoyment slightly. but then saving anywhere can ruin the fun too. limited saves help a little with this, so i say a combination of limited saves and checkpoints.

Associate
i like being able to save anywhere as if you just got past a really hard bit, then die before being able to save it ruins your enjoyment slightly. but then saving anywhere can ruin the fun too. limited saves help a little with this, so i say a combination of limited saves and checkpoints.
Strategically and fairly place check points are important, otherwise it can become tedious I agree.

Soldato
I prefer quick/anywhere save. I just like to be able to hit F5 when I need to quit the game, and not need to worry about playing the same 15 minutes over and over and over again if I keep dying at a hard bit.

Soldato
i played the whole of warhead before i realised it had quicksaves. at the start i tried using save from the main menu and it wouldn't let me. i didn't realise that there was a keyboard shortcut. if i had known about it, it would have made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. because i suck, it was ******** infuriating at times how far i was getting put back when i was killed. :o

so i'd vote to save when/wherever you like. :p

Soldato
OP
Theres nothing better than beating a section after trying say 5, 6 or even 20 times!

As long as the gameplay is sound and theres different ways to approach the same situation it never gets tedious in my opinion! It also makes the game last longer and so you get more enjoyment for your money.

Soldato
depends what game u playing if u can save anywhere anytime any amount of times. the game becomes much easier, and games like resident evil 1 or 2 would be not so tense.

for shooters checkpoints works good. as u want to punish a player if he goes rampage crazy and just runs for the objective end of the mission.

quick saves save anywhere maybe works good for rpg games? i would say

and ironman no saving for internet short flash games

Last edited:
Associate
Depends entirely on the game but if we are talking action 3rd person/fps then checkpoints. I dont mind playing the same bit a few times if I can try something different each time. The other factor is where the checkpoints are, Ive played some games with really terribly placed chekpoints, like you have to play half a level followed by a bloody impossible boss and then the chekpoint is after the boss.

Back
Top Bottom