Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
nando12, I have no idea if your research is correct or not :D

BUT...

When i zoomed in on a photograph that had the green snow the green dots magnified vertically in-line with the photo. So what looked like a dot at 100% magnification was actually a vertical green line at 500%.
hmmm...aint never experienced that...we'll wait on users views on powerstrip...hopefully, it'll resolve the issues as it did for me

Associate
the screen itself is pretty good compared to other lcds i have used. input lag and ghosting are minimal. great viewing angles. the actual finish/materials are great!

the touch-sensitive buttons are a little tricky. a little banding/pixelation is noticeable. annoyingly. there are two dead/off pixels. one thing though, the monitor definitely requires some calibration, it is way too bright. anybody have calibrated colour settings they can share?

my previous monitor was mitsubishi diamond plus crt, so it's going to be hard to beat ;)

aggh dead pixels - I hate those things :(

Are they noticable or can you tolerate them?

Also, to anyone that has the 26" version, can you comment (subjectively) on what the colours appear like? As it is a wide-gamut LCD, I've heard some bad press about colours looking oversaturated and unnatural for a lot of 'normal' images...is this true with the HZ26Wi?

Bit off topic - can anyone give an example of what "oversaturated" colours look like?

Cheers!

Associate
mrk - I left the box as it was - just made sure I put the slip in with all my details on it. I also stuck a sticker with my details onto my actual monitor (want the same one back).

Fedex man didn't give my Mrs any sort of receipt. Said they didn't issue them (which is clearly b*ll*cks). Hazro confirmed as receiving it though.

Been gone a week now :(

Associate
there are just two, one towards the top right and one towards the bottom left. they are tolerable-ish. the wide gamut isn't a problem yet, but it means that reds and greens are more saturated than normal. i definitely need to calibrate the monitor first. the banding/pixelation artifacts does bother me however.

Associate
You will need to contact them - either try a webnote on their site or look for the link to the form for RMA, buried somewhere deep in this thread.

I wouldn't RMA just yet though as they still haven't fixed the green snow problem. Send it when they've sorted that.

Associate
mrcrisp, I think most screens have off center logos!

It's the sign of authenticity ;) I expect anyone making fakes would be able to make a better job than Hazro at getting them straight :)

Anyone had their 24Wi returned yet? I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa to come :o

Soldato
I also spoke to Jez today. He confirmed that the problem seems to be primarily with Radeon 4850's (which unfortunately I just upgraded to).

He also said that the 26" H-IPS panels are no longer being manufactured and so may not be available too much longer. He thinks that H-IPS technology has had it's day and so future screens from Hazro will probably utilize an alternate panel type.

As far as the sparking goes, they're gonna talk through some mods with each user once they have received their screens back, which hopefully should happen on Wednesday!

i find this odd Hyundai says there stopping PVA moniters as theres no demand , yet thre bringing out a H-IPS screen (not as new panel as the new NEC or HP though) and now you saying some1 an hazro H-IPS days are up ? even with the new HP sceen out and the NEC + Hyundai comming , or is he stritly saying this about the 26"+ moniters , if so it be even more odd if Hazro's next models and H-IPS on 23/24 and then PVA on 26+

Associate
Any news on whether the spark issue was actually fixed?

Sadly looks like no HD Heroes for me tonight. I think I may wait till the repeat on Sunday so I can still enjoy it in all its glory.

Associate
I web noted them a couple of hours ago, so hopefully, they'll get back to me with a tracking number at some point, though it'll probably arrive after the monitor...

But yey at getting screens back :)

Associate
Got a call from Lutfur - monitor is coming back tomorrow!

They've not been able to sort the snow with the hardware (which I had no problem with anyway) but will be issuing a PDF detailing the software fix.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom