How much does your Commute cost you?

Associate
New job is 15 miles away 95% on the motorway which is always at 50 limit (m42) and car does mega miles to the gallon. So in all I use around £20 diesel a week, including non work stuff. Maybe £40 a month I guess work only. :)

Soldato
Annual season ticket for the rail part of my commute is £336/year, and added to that I pay £12/week for unlimited tram travel which isn't just used for work.

Work paid for the season ticket for the first year we moved to our current site as it was an addition over my commute to our old site. I could decrease the tram cost a bit but it's more convenient for me to buy a weekly ticket from the conductor instead of the unreliability of their website and smart card solution.

Soldato
I work 6 miles from where I live, and I drive a sensible car so it doesn't cost me very much... in fact, it's so insignificant I've never bothered to work it out.

A colleague of mine lives 60 miles from where we work, however, and not only does he have to pay his diesel costs, he also has to cross the Severn Bridge each day too.

Another guy I work with lives in Cardiff, which is 75 miles from where we work! However, he's a contractor and is easily earning enough to make it worth his while ;)

Associate
£1.50 each way on the tube, 35 mins door to door or ~£975 annual pass - If it's a nice night, I sometimes walk all the way home which usually takes 50-55 mins and zero cost. The annual pass also covers 95% of my personal travel as well...

Man of Honour
£93 for zone 1+2 travelcard, covers all my travel at the weekends as well though, anything further away and work pays for first class train tickets and a taxi. Could probably do it cheaper as I work from home a fair bit but a monthly travelcard is the least hassle

Back
Top Bottom