quick oblivion question

Soldato
hi guys,

bought oblivion on platinum last week and started it last night, but i've got a quick question...

once you get out of the sewers at the start, you are offered the quest of going to the mysterious door thing on that little island... is this the addon pack quest (due to it being the GOTY edition)?

i seem to remember someone saying that the differentiation between small little side quests and whole separate sections which take many hours are not very well defined?

basically, if i go through, am i not gonna be back on the main quest for donkeys years?

Soldato
once you get out of the sewers at the start, you are offered the quest of going to the mysterious door thing on that little island... is this the addon pack quest (due to it being the GOTY edition)?

Yes, that's one of the two expansion packs (Shivering Isles).

basically, if i go through, am i not gonna be back on the main quest for donkeys years?

Yeah, it's got a pretty beefy long questline.

Hope that helps. :)

Soldato
OP
is there anything to identify whether you are being offered a side quest which actually a small side quest or one which is a massive expansion pack thing?

Soldato
I am so tempted to pick this up for PS3, had it on PC ages ago and really enjoyed it.

Being a massive fan of the Thief series, I did the thieves guild stuff first and spent ages breaking into shops, only to come back during the day and sell them the stuff I took the night before :D

Scort.

Soldato
hi guys,

bought oblivion on platinum last week and started it last night, but i've got a quick question...

i seem to remember someone saying that the differentiation between small little side quests and whole separate sections which take many hours are not very well defined?

Dont go into the shivering isles until you've finished the main story atleast, I'll be very difficult as a low level :)

Soldato
OP
Dont go into the shivering isles until you've finished the main story atleast, I'll be very difficult as a low level :)
oh ok cool :) - is there any other "side quests" (expansion packs) that i should postpone till later? if that one is the gateway to the shivering isles is there also one for nights of the nine and whatever other packs are included in the GOTY version? - thats what i'm saying i dont know how to differentiate...

Soldato
Knights of the Nine is actually quite interesting to do. That's triggered by talking to the Prophet who is preaching outside Anvil's cathedral.

Only problem with that one is if you want to get master in restoration, you can't do the KofN quest as the person you need dies.

Soldato
OP
i don't actually think the role play system in this is anywhere near as good as neverwinter nights or the like...

theres doesn't seem to be any real structure to leveling up, i'm just playing and every now and then it says i've leveled up and need to rest then i can add a couple of stats thats it... was much better in NwN where you could add stats into the things you wanted to get better at...

maybe its just i haven't got my head around it yet...

there are also a lot of times when you're not quite sure whats happening... for example near the start a guy wants you to help him get some fish scales, so i jump in the lake, kill the fish he needs and take it him but he keeps talking as he did before i left on the quest, so i thought ok maybe he needs more fish to trigger a new conversation but i swam for ages and there aren't any more...

lots of bits like this that are very ambiguos... overall tho i really like it :)

Soldato
Isn't it one level per 10 minor/major skill increases? Not sure off the top of my head.

Check your journal if your not sure what to do with a quest. Set it as active and following the red arrows can help if your stuck too.

Back
Top Bottom