Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
These Hazro monitors seem to be really popular, what is so special about them, is it the price? Sorry not trying to sound negative in anyway, i just want to know what they offer over the rest?

Associate
Got my screen back today! :D

Banding is 100% fixed. So far I haven't seen any signs of the green snow (no matter what I do to try and replicate the conditions it used to be visible). Nothing in my setup has changed since before the monitor went back, so at the moment I'm presuming it's been fixed by the shielding (it was fairly minimal in the first place). As things stand no need for Powerstrip.

Left side of the panel seems to be a little brighter than the right, but not excessive IMO. Brightness is much better out of the box and only required a little adjustment for my eyes.

I'm very happy now, i've got an excellent monitor with no faults. Well done Hazro!

Associate
Hopefully though I'll leave you suckers in the dust come tomorrow!

:p

Hazro will let you know when they ship so don't hold your breath about getting it tomorrow if they haven't contacted you (just trying to avoid you having the same disappointment I was having day after day...)!

Associate
I'm reserving judgement on the banding issues - I can still see problems, but haven't managed to narrow it down yet.
Got a little bit of green snow, but not as much as before - waiting for official news of the fix.
Calibration couldn't go ahead yesterday because I couldn't find vista drivers for my DTP94 probe. I'm looking again now.

Associate
I have my new Hazro 24 today, first impressions are that the image quality is indeed fantastic! but it seems to be lighter on the left side of the screen than the right, in fact theres like a splodge of light in the left side of the screen which can be seen when in dark situations (i.e. the cave bit in Crysis warhead) the panel doesn't seem to be uniform, maybe this is backlight bleed, but it is not the (glowing) effect that people mention as I can see that anyway and it doesn't bother me.

I think i might have to RMA this monitor as the splodge of backlight bleed (strange that is not at the sides but like in the middle) is quite annoying, have other people had similar things?

Associate
Myself and CooperFBI have noticed issues with the back light uniformity.

It's not really visible when playing games or watching videos, but for me I really notice it on constant colours, so a white explorer window or a forum like this that has a constant colour as the back ground :/

I doubt there is anything I can really get done about it. Might send them a webnote if not many people are suffering from it.

Associate
I can definately see a white splodge when in dark areas on games.... the colours and clarity are very good though, comparing it to a s-pva panel. still might rma it though as I think it's going to really annoy me after a while.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Myself and CooperFBI have noticed issues with the back light uniformity.
I got mine yesterday from OCUK and noticed the same thing, although I've no banding, dead pixels or green snow so I will definitely hang on to it.

Also, perhaps Vista users can fill me in. Right-click menus and the like seem to have a blue tint now. Was my old no-brand 19" too rubbish to show Vista properly or does my Hazro need some calibration?

Soldato
but it seems to be lighter on the left side of the screen than the right

Hmm..all these reports about one side being brighter, sounds like LG.Display have some very bad QC issues at the moment (a similar issue has been seen on the newer WU4 panel in the HP 2475w).

Hopefully someone else will see IPS is becoming popular and do a better job than LG.Display. It's Hitachi technology anyway originally.

Associate
Seems very quiet now on the returns front. Am I right in thinking pretty much everyone's screens have been upgraded apart from a few? I wonder when they'll start on the 26ers.

Back
Top Bottom